2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

ah thats great stuff - hope ye had a great day

you’re a genuinely decent man- i always said it

7 Likes

A legend of a bloke. I’d go for a pint with him if I wasn’t afraid of him.

14 Likes

God be with the days when KK were contesting every final and @Locke would be on for the full week with the bĂŠal bocht bemoaning injuries and assorted ailments and hoping to keep it to 5 or 6 points.
He had of course a support crew, like shift workers, keeping the act going with their oul’ cnámhsháuling.

The supremacy of Limerick and the Dubs have knocked the fun out of it.

13 Likes

The Limerick lads have a lot to learn about how to carry themselves as Top Cat. They could learn a lot from @Locke.

2 Likes

We’re not cats, you steamer.

We’ve won two in 47 years you cuntbag … Supremacy :laughing:

1 Like

Tell ye what now lads. I’ve 6 (six) large bottles of peroni to get through ( cc. @caulifloweredneanderthal ) Enjoy yereselves knocking seven shades of shite out of each other. I’ll look in from time to time to see how yere getting on. In the meantime I’ll stick on an aul film and work it from there

2 Likes

+1 to all this. I think Limerick almost have an aura about them now and COULD become a dominant force like Kilkenny in their pomp. Even when Tipp had a dream first half in the Munster Final, they crumbled completely when Limerick turned the screw early in the second half. Teams seem to fear them, lads are edgy, they make bad decisions and take rushed/snatchy shots (sweeping generalisations here). As you say, the only thing Cork should do is try with everything in their power to focus on their own Corkness and see what happens. Overall though, I reckon Limerick will win with a bit to spare. I expect Cork to have some good spells and play well enough, but Limerick are a formidable unit and are very well balanced. Different players step up at different times and I think it’s nearly impossible for the opposition to cover all angles. I’m thinking Limerick by something like 1-29 to 2-19.

8 Likes

Big day for Wexford supporters in Croke Park on Sunday as well, getting to see an All Ireland winning Wexford team take the field on the big day. That’s assuming the jubilee team hasn’t befallen the same fate as Up for the Match and the All Ireland Hurling Final on the first Sunday in September.

1 Like

A great read. It was before its time in many ways. @Malarkey favourite line from it may be Justin’s reference to hurling and Kilkenny…”it’s their game and they are the best at it”. He did have a serious motor bike accident.

1 Like

Enjoy the weekend mate.

You bollix :wink:

Would love to be in the position of looking forward to a final on Sunday.

2 Likes

Indeed. One of the main reasons why I’ve pulled out all the stops to sort out tickets for my friends and family on Sunday. 1-13 to 0-14 at the end. You’d see a score line like that after half an hour these days.

4 Likes

That could be the score at the first tactics break.

E Cadogan and Kingston start as expected

1 Like

FAO of @ChairmanDan - I should have said, I understand that the entire Wexford squad isn’t being introduced to the crowd. Instead Martin Storey is representing them and will give a token wave. I’m not sure if this is Covid related or if the safety of our former players can’t be assured.

3 Likes

Is it true if Declan hannon was to win an another all Ireland as a captain again he’d join Christy ring as the only man to lift Liam 3 times as captain ?

2 Likes

I sense that Limerick are going to unleash hell fire on Sunday. Just like last year against Waterford their best performance will come in the final. Think the 3rd quarter obliteration of Tipperary but this time for the full game. As for Cork let’s hope they won’t disgrace themselves again like they did in munster with their simulation, pulling off their helmets like they were shot & trying to get Limerick players sent off.

4 Likes

Yes