2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

They’re four really attractive matches but you can guarantee a few cunts of underdogs will get through and I’ll only find out the score from the 2fm sports bulletin in the morning

:see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

Germany finally go with Kimmich at RB. SanĂŠ replaces Kehrer. No FĂźllkrug in the starting 11, some people thought he might start to give them a real focal point.

5 changes for the Spanish; Azpi comes back in for Carvajal, Alba drops out for Balde and Laporte is replaced by Pau Torres. Morata in up top instead of Asensio and Nico Williams in for Ferran Torres.

A lot of changes but team not weakened at all, I don’t think.

Japan somehow still don’t start Mitoma or Asano.

Looks like they may have switched to 3 at the back; Taniguchi, Junya Ito, Tanaka, Kubo & Maeda all come back in for Yamane, Endo, Doan, Soma & Ueda. They also have the likes of Tomiyasu & Minamino on the bench, but Mitoma was superb off the bench the last day & Asano similar the first day.

@estebandaface

3 Likes

Thats a world cup semi final like

I always felt Argentina v Belgium 1986 was one of John Motson’s finest commentaries, along with Italy v Brazil 1982 and the Liverpool v Everton 1989 FA Cup final.

My favourite moment is the one where Maradona misses just past the far post for is hat-trick.

“They don’t know what to do…”

3 Likes

That must be probably the greatest ever players greatest ever performance.

Is Spain Japan on anywhere bar rte news ?

Itv

1 Like

His feet are incredible, he just needs to pull the trigger.

Who mate ?

Musiala, beat about 5 players in the box.

1 Like

Musiala, I presume?

The amount of chances he laid on a plate for lads. He put a shower of average players on his back.

Im watching spain

Bit of a sitter from MĂźller. Lovely ball from Kimmich, gives them a serious attacking option on the right.

Germany are tearing the Ricans to shreds.

Gnasher scores

You’d have to say that was coming

There’s 1-0. Gnabry, a brilliant cross from the left from Raum. He’s been superb this tournament, the left-back.

Morata scores