2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

No first half goals today.

Hamann despises Neymar. Neymar was fine in the first half tbh bar one overplay when Casemiro had to dig him out.

1 Like

the RTE studio going on like this is the 70’s Brazil. They haven’t been great in a long time. They’re functional at best

1 Like

They were decent in that half, they were never going to win 3 or 4 nil against a decent side.

He’s a brilliant player, pundits talk awful shit about him. Him and Vini are up to the usual standard of Brazil forwards.

Raphina, Richarlison and Paqueta in midfield have it all to prove.

Bruno Guimares, Casimero and Fabinho should be the midfield 3, free up Neymar and Vini more.

Love to see it

jesus he halved him… could be a red

He deserves that.

Neymar has come up with the goods a lot often than messi in world cups.

1 Like

Fuck that, he’s a great player, closest thing to Ronaldinho since.

These Brazilians don’t have the mystique of old. Back in the day, they’d rock up every four years with clubmen from the likes of Cruzeriro, Flamengo, Fluminense and Botafogo that nobody had ever seen play before or heard of. I remember before the 1982 World Cup all the chat was watch out for this Socrates chap calling the shots in midfield. He didn’t disappoint.

Now they have some plodder from West Ham calling the shots in midfield and a carthorse from Spurs up front.

5 Likes

Ah he’s a wanker who’s pissed away a lot of his career buts still supremely talented.

I thought Paquetá was really good first half tbf.

Thiago Silva is some pro.

2 Likes

one of the greatest to ever do it

1 Like

98’ was probably tge last tournament where they’d a substantial number of homebased players.

Think Romario and Bebeto were even playing out of home that year.

Wonderful tackle

touch was heavy

Very tidy, but I thought he and Neymar were occupying the same places a small bit. Neymar could do with another runner maybe. I like him and Raphinha as players, dont think Richarlison is quite the level tbh, although very strong and honest.

unleash Martinelli I said