2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

Its Croatia’s to lose :vatican_city:

Portugal are definitely strong opposition and the Serbs largely controlled that game from what I remember, but I suppose it has to be coloured by Portugal being a defensive team under Fernando Santos and the fact that they were hanging onto a draw which would have done them.

I wouldn’t have the Serbs down as potential winners of the tournament or anything but they’re definitely a team Brazil would have wanted to avoid in the group I think and definitely have the potential to spring a shock. Even in 2010 when they failed to qualify from the group they beat an excellent Germany team. They’re dangerous.

Not sure about the tiredness. Premier league teams will play sixteen rounds before World Cup plus six Champions league or Europa league games plus two rounds of the league cup and an international break.

The French are going to walk this

Hard to argue with his summation

5 Likes

Spain will win the World Cup. Bookmark it ye shower of cunts

1 Like

What in the good fuck took him to Senegal for his holidays?

3 Likes

Could be wrong but could have been on his way to Cape Verde

You’d imagine the worst looking at the head on him.

1 Like

Back in 2010 only one African team out of six made it out of the group.

Don’t think Tunisia are up to much. Not sure about Ghana either, I think they’ve done well to qualify. Hard to see Cameroon qualify from the group they’re in.

Apart from Senegal I’d say Morocco might be the best shout to qualify ahead of a past their best Croatia.

Although Hakim Ziyech who should be their star player abruptly quit international football recently.

Poor aul ‘Miguel’ is gonna give himself an aneurysm trying to report on this world cup while also engaging with every single person on twitter who criticises him for not boycotting the whole event. I’d say he’s constantly second guessing every single thing he says.

4 Likes

It’s hilarious. His mate jacks Pitt’s broke or whatever he’s called was on during the week and was saying how vital it is for journalists to actually go and report on what they find than boycott it.

Far too self aware these lads who live on twitter. Address the issues outside of sport every so often but if you’ve decided to go just get on with it ta fuck.

I’d know very little about it tbh but I came across a journalist based out there that was pointing out how large parts of the western world was built by migrants in the past while saying it still wasn’t right there was some good coming from the World Cup. He was very balanced anyway and made some good points.

Miguel needs to stick to match reports and transfer gossip. Leave the real journalism to the proper pros.

1 Like

I’d fancy Equador to qualify from their group

They never go as well as they have in qualification.

Home advantage is huge for them. They play at really high altitude

1 Like

Fair play to Miguel, doing his best to highlight what a farce this is.

CAMMAANNNNNNNNN