2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 2)

To signify taking saudi blood money

2 Likes

The France West Germany 82 semi final was the greatest World Cup match I saw too, until today.

1 Like

Bullshit. The money came with strings and sleeves

It wasn’t even the greatest match at that World Cup.

We love football

If St. Vincent De Paul donated eyes like they donate football teams I’d be right as rain in the morning.

1 Like

Who is it here wirh the awareness to keep a player on the pitch during the celebrations?

That was an abomination of a prestation ceremony. Maradona wasn’t asked to wear Mayan ceremonial dress in 1986. Or in fairness any winning captain ever.

1 Like

An awful pity Maradona wasn’t alive to witness it but you get the sense that his spirit drove them on. Messi the GOAT for me now. Didn’t he score 90 goals in the 2012 calendar year? Unbelievable.

2 Likes

When Ireland eventually hosts the World Cup we’ll make the winning captain dress up in a leprechaun costume.

Platini bringing the presentation back to the stands was a great thing during his tenure. Shame he didn’t get the FIFA gig.

No. We’ll make him wear a Broad Black Brimmer, its ribbons frayed and torn by the careless whisk of manys the mountain breeze.

3 Likes

Micky D will suffice

1 Like

Paddy cap and wellies

Italy v Brazil 1982, I would rank as the best I saw. It was played on a Monday afternoon. Think that was the last time at a World Cup that a quarter final (or de facto quarter final) was played on a Monday. We were let off early from school that day. It was viewed beforehand as the curtain raiser to the big one in the Primetime Monday night slot of England v Spain.

3 Likes

Messi and Mbappe demolished the myth about multiple penalties.

Such bottle shown by both men in the worst of pressure

7 Likes

France v Brazil 86 was a cracker. Zico, Socrates, Careca and Josie Maher. I was awful disappointed when they went out. Tonights match was great from 2-1 on.

Mbappe really was the most horizontal man in Qatar. Some nerve for a young chap who has had a similar level of pressure on his shoulders since he was a teenager.

6 Likes

I learned it in French class in TY. Apart from that brief low pitched part before Aux arm citoyens. I don’t have the words for that section. The anthems were iconic today. I’m going to watch them back now.

McAllister covered some amount of ground. He was unbelievable. He won’t be at Brighton for long

5 Likes