2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 2)

4 World Cup finals in 24 years for the French.

2 Likes

I eagerly await “Miguel” Delaney’s tweet listing the number of players who have won a World Cup final and have got back to another one and the breakdown of how they fared in that second final.

1 Like

Christ Didi would have you welling up here. Morocco are a great bunch. Showed great dignity in defeat.

Didi is a great bit of stuff, really taking over the Dunphy mantle.

“Yeah Morocco are great, but what it really shows you is that Ronaldo is a wank”

5 Likes

I think I’m gonna bring a fake Liam McCarthy trophy to Croker next year and dance In the stands.

1 Like

Teams rarely swap jerseys anymore. Thanks a lot millionaire Steve Hodge

Great to think in Konate and VVD Liverpool Football Club have the 2 best centre backs at the tournament

1 Like

You’d wonder what klopp is at Liverpools defence is so shite

1 Like

Konate lad outstanding.

2 Likes

Sadlier can’t get his head around lads wanting to play in a World Cup semi final.

2 Likes

I’d say the English are seething that Kane missed that penalty. They’d have beaten Morocco with their caps

1 Like

Sadlier is an awful ejit.

1 Like

Yeah but they’d have lost to France on penalties anyway

Richie got a few runs with Millwall. He’d know the score alright.

1 Like

Sadlier trying to tell Didi what the lay of the land is at WC semi finals

11 Likes

Brian Cody’s inexperience manifested itself compared to the cool, calm and collected Liam Sheedy when Cody played injured players in the 2010 All-Ireland hurling final. He got too emotional.

It would make you laugh.

Sadlier is right there. You can want to play, but it must be management who assess can you. You could risk 1, maybe 2, but in the end it was too reckless.

2 Likes

This a rare instance where punditry input from Jason McAteer might be welcome.

They had 4 defenders injured. Can’t have been too many left in rhe squad available to pick