2023/2024 Champions League Round of 8 and of 4

Didi talking muck about dortmund clean sheets , Paris should have scored at least 5 goals as well as hitting bar and the post

1 Like

Did they win on xG?

1 Like

The two PSG fullbacks are grest athletes but their delivery is cat. That is a fine young PSG team though. They might be better off without yer man.

Will united have to pay Sancho the bonus in his contract triggered by reaching a Champions League final?

1 Like

Could see Sancho at Bayern next season

Be the closest thing Yanited have to a champions league appearance in well over a decade. I presume the pyjama boys will have the Dortmund flags up for the watchalong streams?

1 Like

With Ten Hag?

He should stay with Dortmund. He’s loved and treated well there. Imagine him rocking up at Bayern and seeing Ten Fags back in charge of him.

1 Like

The one thing I will say is that most of the shots were from outside the box. That’s what you coach; don’t allow them get in behind you, try and close down shots around the box and if a potshot from distance goes in, fair play to him.

You have to ride your luck a bit but if you restrict a team to shots from 30 yards, that’s generally good defending.

If I was to be critical of Dortmund, it was that they took off their counter-attacking outlets. If Adeyemi was on the pitch for the ball that broke to Fullkrug in a 2-on-1, that’s a definite second goal.

1 Like

united will need to pay him off

This tie was a great renewal of the tradition of proper football clubs dumping out vulgar new money, epitomised by Liverpool’s two semi-final victories over Chelsea in 2005 and 2007, Liverpool humiliating Abu Dhabi in 2018 and Spurs trolling Abu Dhabi to defeat in 2019.

4 Likes

Think ETH mive is off from the footixing I did today on Twitter. Think Fabrizio had it. Last night might have done him.

Fabrizio woukd be an outside shout

1 Like

Wouldn’t be sure of Luis Enrique as a top coach now, his teams tend to meander through games. When PSG play with real tempo, they look good. Pep or Arteta win that game for PSG.

Ah mbappe got in behind them a few times , the lad who hit the post too. The header at the end was a terrible header that the keeper then finger typed over the bar from mbappe. Ramos had two as well

Dortmund are a great club. You’d be delighted to see them beat that crass crowd. The connection to Klopp only heightens the respect. You’d love to see them avenge the 2013 defeat to Bayern. It’d be great reward for the likes of Reus who stayed loyal.

5 Likes

I’ll be dusting off my BVB 09 beanie for the final.

2 Likes

Ref wasn’t having any PSG bullshit. UEFA really don’t want City or PSG. They rarely get a favour.

Munich, Real and Juve have great sway with UEFA. Ref would’ve pulled them through tonight. There were a few instances where a traditional team would get the nod.

You’d fear for them if Madrid ran at them

1 Like

You can’t bate tradition in this competition. PSG have a tradition, a tradition of being bottlers. Occasionally a new money team will win it but mostly it’s the traditional teams that know how to win it.

5 Likes