2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Well thats utter shite. Do you even watch sport?

The group stage is utter shite

The World Cup group stage was tremendous in 2022. Unfortunately it probably will be shit in 2026 as they’re tampering with the structure and allowing a load of extra minnows into the tournament. 16 groups of 3 teams.

aka Ireland

Nope only 16 of the 48 teams will be from Europe. It will be full of also-rans from Asia and the Oceanic. The likes of Thailand, China and India will have a realistic chance of qualifying. European qualifying will still be a minefield.

The football world cup? Did you watch the last one?

One swallow doesn’t make a summer.In general the group stages are rubbish.

I couldn’t disagree more

1 Like

You talking about Northern Ireland?

Group stages are generally brilliant in World Cups. It usually gets worse from then

1 Like

I genuinely cant tell whos being serious around here anymore.

It’s like bizarro world.

Galway seem to have missed a trick with this Conor Carroll fella. Solid keeper for Roscommon now but originally a Galway man and played for them at underage. A strange one when you consider Galway’s travails between the sticks.

1 Like

He wouldnt handle the pressure of the Galway jersey. Only a few have the relevant stature.

He’s from Oranmore. Parents or just the father are mad Rossies. He’s a cousin of the sheep stealers county chairman I believe. Would certainly have something to offer PJ’s men.

1 Like

When very good keepers like James Keane aren’t getting a look-in then you’d get the impression that PJ and Co. have strange metrics for selection.

Gleeson is much improved this year but like Bernie is always going to have a disaster in the future.

Only one criteria to get the goalie jersey in Galway. You have to make the last lad look competent.

3 Likes

Croker or nowhere :grinning:

Throw both of them out. I won’t stand for any Carrick-on-Shannon disrespect.

4 Likes

Surely this would give both teams an advantage when they get to play knockout games in croke park in the knockout stages?