2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

In a rather predictable turn of events, the entire on air staff on Sunday Sport think Galway have won the group and Armagh have finished second.

It’d be hilarious if it wasn’t such a fucking disgrace that they don’t know the permutations

13 Likes

The biggest thing from that game is the potential season ending injury of Sean Kelly, Galway wont be winning any AI without him.

What drama. The split season and new format delivers

Galway are seriously overrated.

Dublin, Kerry and Derry are the 3 favs now.

He’s burnt out

Galway’s potential opponents in the last 12 are Mayo, Roscommon or Monaghan.

Potential quarter-final opponents for them are Dublin, Kerry or Derry only.

Once again an already qualified team has not gone full throttle in the final game of a round robin and probably ruined their season.

Four defeats from four for Connacht teams today.

2 Likes

Des making a bollocks of it on the radio at the moment

He’s always been that way. A show pony.

Lots of ability but bar last year’s AI final I can’t recall a big game from him in a big game. Gave the ball away that forced the ET against Armagh last year, McCloskey had him well silenced in the SF against Derry.

https://twitter.com/CahairOKane1/status/1670450920960806912?t=uKra47zJENNyRLcbz8RmHg&s=19

Armagh’s first ever victory over Galway in championship football.

I reckon that would have been the option but for the rain on the rock hard pitch making it too greasy to be sure of your footing kicking off the ground in them conditions.

Shane Walsh is a windy man.

For such a likeable footballer, I can’t stand Keegan as an analyst. The Mayo accent would go through you.

Murnin literally looked over his shoulder and fell over for the last free there. Comical.

Matty Tierney would have nailed it.

1 Like

Or Cooke

Geezer and Armagh had that bit of luck coming to them. They’ve generally been on the wrong side of the luck ledger up to now.

4 Likes

Dublin Joe when he calmed down realised he gave a free for nothing so gave way too much extra time for us to win one and draw to save him embarrassment. Poor enough game if that’s one of the games of the year football is in bad shape. And it definitely is. No comer and kelly would mean anyone will beat us. The year taking coin in the Crossfit championship has ruined shane Walsh.

I’d agree the non black or even red card to Maguire was beyond baffling, a few other soft ones as well, that said Tyrone were poor bar Canavan

It’s not the fact he has a Mayo accent, it’s the fact that he has a squeaky voice and speaks very fast, and he abandons words before he has finished them.

Contrast that to the beautiful flow of Paul Flynn and you have the difference between a short lived analyst and one who has a long career as a pundit ahead of them.