2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Tis poor form having our Baysht held up in an interview after the shift he put in today

He’ll deserve his bucket of nuts tonight after that. A great display from him to put the Rossie cunts in their place.

8 Likes

The Dubs are purring.

As a squad, best we’ve looked since after the 5IAR.

Wide open All Ireland with the format and potential injuries etc

And a shake of bone meal

1 Like

Lads here were berating Andy McEntee. What they wouldn’t give to scale the heights of 2019 right now. Super 8 attendees in 19’, they even played their part in a classic qualifier against eventual beaten All-Ireland finalists Tyrone in 18’. Colm O’ Rourke has performed to a level below what any of us could have imagined. They better hope those Minors of 2021 are something special.

McEntee is a clown

1 Like

A comfortable win for Down today in Newry against a hapless Donegal. I’d give us a right good chance of continuing the run next week against Armagh too, certainly nothing to fear going into it. Down surely continued their trailblazing ways today as well - can’t imagine any other county has organised a plane to fly over the stadium for 15 mins pulling a banner demanding the county secretary resign.

5 Likes

I backed Down for the Tailteann cup , they probably won’t be in it !!

I suggest you cash out if you get chance. One of the main forwards is off to America as soon as they exit the championship and won’t be bothering with the Tailteann cup which is not a good sign.

1 Like

Meath surely strong favourites for the Tailteann cup @Cheasty?

Cavan will win the Tonya Harding Cup I’d say. Or maybe Kildare.

1 Like

Probably worth acknowledging Martin Murphy as well there Anton fwiw

I was at the Offaly Meath match today. Meath were dire. Look like a team with no belief at all. Offaly played really well today but they are an ordinary enough side.
I’m no expert in football but I’d have Cavan a long way ahead of Meath as favourites. Will Kildare be in it this year?

1 Like

Meath need to give a bit more control to the LGFA men in the backroom, they’ll figure it out. They have Ballyroan purring

Meath at least mostly played with with some pride under him, but he was a cheap option and not at the level required. Colm O’Rourke is worse.

At every point over the last 20 years, a complete collapse by Meath has never seemed too far away. They’ve gone from the hardest team in the game to probably the softest.

Maybe they need the humiliation of a round robin game away to Waterford or London. 195k people in that county, a young population and Dublin on their doorstep. A high class outside manager who will shake them up should be a doddle to attract. The whole culture of Meath football now just seems so backward looking and totally amateurish. They should be an economic powerhouse in GAA terms and they always seem to go for the cheapest option available. They seem to still think it’s 1996. They’re a disgrace.

3 Likes

Granted they’ve been shit for years now but it’s hard to credit that Meath are out of the race to lift the Sam Maguire on 23 April.

The Tailteann Cup in Tailteann Park will be box office though.

1 Like

Still possible that Cork could be in the Tiger Tim Sherwood Cup too because of losing on April 9th.

Wins for Down and Offaly in their provincial semi-finals would do it.

You hardly thought I knew it off my own bat. My daughter recognised it and made a stab at the price.
She then expanded the urban myth of those who tip around in these costly anoraks……

1 Like