2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

You ok hun?

They’re great, aren’t they?

Things not looking good for Derry county board now.

Her father is claimed to have written to them last year re the allegations. Could be a few more resignations by the end of all this.

I still don’t get why this has only come out now.

I wonder if he wrote similar letters to the Donegal and Fermanagh Co Boards? It wouldn’t surprise me if there was a cover up by the Donegal Co board.

Right who can copy and paste the article?

Think they were still together when he was over Donegal and possibly Fermanagh too. Perhaps something could have been there re his Fermanagh departure.

I think matters only seem to have escalated in the past couple of years, police investigations, custody battles etc. I think she really only decided to go public once he had come for and succeeded in taking the kids off her and feeling the system failed her, this was the only route she had to show everyone the real Rory Gallagher.

I’d imagine with the custody battle and him taking away whatever little dignity she’d left in the process, it would have been incredibly difficult for her to see her abuser lauded and celebrated at that particular time.

4 Likes

Yeah, serious question for Derry GAA and NI Social Services to address now.

1 Like

Obviously we don’t know the full facts re the custody battle but in light of what we’ve heard now it’s extremely worrying such a conclusion could be reached.

Was it a case of her holding things back at it?

Doubtful. More than likely Gallagher’s legal ream were able to get some of her allegations labelled inadmissible or some shite like that. TFK lehal experts @count_of_monte_crist or @artfoley might be able to shed more light on this, though it is in another legal jurisdiction.

Derry county board will need to do a lot more now than let Gallagher say he is “stepping away”

“It was also confirmed that Gallagher had not left the Derry job completely but will not be seen on the line until further notice.”

It’s very difficult see a way back for him now. Derry GAA will come out of this looking much worse until they sever ties completely.

As soon as you have an SDLP MLA coming out against him given his family ties then you know it doesn’t look good.

Maybe she simply isn’t fit to mond the children?

Years of abuse may have had a profound impact on her mind leading to drug dependency.

In the republic any custody agreement can be revisited at any time afaik, so she might be making an application to challenge the current state of affairs.

She could have been portrayed as a nutter by her husband who would have come across as respected individual.

1 Like

Cough

Usually in these sort of cases, its that the allegations arent sustained by evidence,

Marty Morrissey is such a patronising, phone it in commentator at this stage.

3 Likes

Couple of cracking scores so far by Louth

Outstanding dispossession by the Louth 6.

1 Like

Game over in 2 minutes there.

Nothing like a patented back post slap into the net Dublin goal. The beautiful game in all its glory. Samba Gaelic football.