2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

It’s funny the lads whingeing about a test of FOOTball skill that is a penalty shoot out to settle a game of 70 mins plus 20 mins dominated with the constant use of the handpass and the sub standard settlement of taking a fisted point when a shooting opportunity on goal could be on.

3 Likes

Extremely long

Was he a Glazer?

5 Likes

Ah here…

1 Like

There’s something perfect about a provincial final that goes to extra time being followed on RTÉ by a Bond film.

1 Like

I actually watched it on BBC2. If Ger Cannings commentary can be avoided - its a no brainer to do so.

1 Like

The bbc lassie is a huge improvement on joanne. You get the sense that she actually enjoys football

2 Likes

Congratulations glenshane.

Remember when the leinster championship used to be a fair competition?

3 Likes

I even remember it being a competition

1 Like

It’s getting like the old Connaught hurling championship alright

Fondly. You’d wonder can it be saved. Hard to see how after what Croke Park did though.

But not for now

13 in a row for Dublin is an outstanding sporting achievement, especially in an amateur sport. You’ll do well to find a comparable achievement by team anywhere in any field sport. Sad to see negative, bitter people refuse to acknowledge that.

Ethan Rafferty had a great game out the field today but you’d question his positioning for Brendan Rodgers goal and that’s two shoot-outs in a row he’s lost now. Armagh in danger of becoming a team who’s DNA is intertwined with shoot-out defeats.

I felt like that was a golden opportunity for the Orchard men today. The likes of Rafferty and Soupy may never again have a better chance to win one. I was very surprised Rory Grugan only came on after 70 mins.

HES A FUCKING GOALKEEPER

Anyway. That was a fitting end to The Championship

3 Likes

You should be. He started. Was taken off. Was brought back on.

1 Like

Grugan started and was whipped about the 50th minute. A yellow card might have precipitated this.
He was re-introduced then and finished it out. He was largely ineffective in both stints. Done….

2 Likes

It’s misleading in the sense that it’s 18 of the last 19 titles. Really 2010 was just a complete freak result against an otherwise harmless enough Meath team when Dublin were experimenting. You’d have to long for the days of 2005 and before it when the Leinster Championship was a minefield. It stayed somewhat competitive under Jim Gavins arrival in 2013. His set-up and level of professionalism completely blew the rest out of the water. Like Wexford should have beaten Dublin in 2012 but for a number of missed frees and Laois even got within a score of them that year in an All-Ireland quarter-final.

Warm up Grugan. You’re coming off.

Soupy, Murnin, Grugan, Forker, Morgan, all have been knocking around a long time.

I think this will prove to be a very tough defeat for Armagh to take. An Ulster title would have represented genuine progress and a career achievement for those older players and there must be immense disappointment after today.

I think they’ll genuinely be doing well to beat Westmeath. Seems that game may be on May 27th rather than next week but it could still be a tough hurdle to get over.

3rd place in the group might be their limit and then you have to take your chances with the draw. Makes the quarter-final draw all the harder too if that is the case as you’re running into Dublin, Kerry or Galway.

Is it possible to have a Derry-Armagh rematch in the quarter-finals or is that precluded?

1 Like