2023 Failed Rugby World Cup Bid & does anyone remember the Interpros

Do your own internetting.

I went to the trouble of posting up my own records for you this morning.

Cambrian-Pictish-Gaelic-Pale-UlsterScots-Lombardy-Afrikaans league.

ive looked on google, cant see anything.

do I need to go to the dark web mate?

1 Like

That’s two pics from the official website @GeoffreyBoycott and neither of them mention interpros

@GeoffreyBoycott is an imposter

You’ll be telling us next on the basis of your pics from the official website, that there’s no such thing as the Grand Slam, the Triple Crown or the Wooden Spoon.

I know nothing about that, mate — you’re the one making the claims here… You’ve said the interpros is the top flight domestic game and yet there is no info on it anywhere … Even your own fraternity have rubbished your claims … but keep trying to go off topic

@GeoffreyBoycott, do you keep your own records for many rugby football competitions? What factors would you consider when deciding whether to maintain your own records or to rely on the official competition website or some other website which covers the competition?

Triple crown, Wooden Spoon, Grand Slam, Calcutta Cup, bonus losing points, bonus points for scoring. The Special Olympics don’t give out as many awards.

5 Likes

For record purposes, I wouldn’t go near a website other than Wisden. They’re notoriously inaccurate. I maintain my own records in cricket, rugby and gaelic games and collect primarily match programmes and yearbooks.

Form a rugby perspective I’d largely rely on Rothmas Year Books and match programmes. I have a full collection of Rothmans Yearbooks dating back to the early 70’s. In terms of internationals, I’d have most Five/Six Nations, Ireland overseas tests, autumn internationals dating back to the mid 1950’s and British Lions test programmes dating back to 1966 and the World Cup since its inception in 1987. Full set of European Cup club finals as well.

4 Likes

Excellent stuff. My work colleague was talking this morning about Munster’s start to the Pro14 but, based on your posts, I’m wondering whether the table on the official competition website is accurate and he may well have a misleading view on matters. I told him that I’d follow up on it. Could you please type out the current standings (including points difference) based on your own workings so I can cross reference it and get back to him?

6 Likes

I’d be careful if I was you mate. @GeoffreyBoycott has told a lot of fibs on here and misrepresented a lot of facts. He spent this morning concocting a fake tournament by extrapolating results out of the Anglo-Celtic-Lombardy-Afrikaan League.

the contestants are equally as misfortunate tho

1 Like

:joy:

In terms of the inter provincial standings, there’s been two rounds of matches so far and Munster have lost both, away to Leinster and away to Connacht. In the other two inter provincial matches, Leinster won away at Ulster and Ulster beat Connacht at home.

Round 1 - 6 October 2017
Ulster 16 Connacht 8
Leinster 23 Munster 17

Round 2 - 27 & 28 October
Connacht 20 Munster 16
Ulster 10 Leinster 25

Current Inter Provincial Standing

Leinster P2 W2 D0 L0 TB0 LB0 F48 A 27 Pts 8
Connacht P2 W1 D0 L1 TB0 LB0 F28 A32 Pts 4
Ulster P2 W1 DO L1 TB0 LB0 F26 A33 Pts 4
Munster P2 W0 D0 L2 TB0 LB2 F33 A 43 Pts 2

Pretend rugby competitions. You couldn’t make it up.

3 Likes

Because the AIL was much bigger back then, Irish internationals played in them. The IRFU made a strategic decision to move away from that model to full time provincial/franchises.

People going on about rugby football pre professionalism and in the immediate aftermath and comparing it to oikball is hilarious.

:joy: