2023 PDC World Darts Championship & Q School 2023

Cadby is purring

The last fella had a 46 average :grin:

1 Like

That first stage is only a screen to filter out the dross :grinning:

Tomorrow is the last day of the first stage. They’ll be tour cards given out from Thursday.

I showed that list of Irish lads to a fella this morning who plays at a high level in Limerick and he started laughing about a few of them having the cheek to try for a Q card considering they wouldn’t win a pub tournament in the ciiiitay says he.

The standard in the Track Bar is very good.

1 Like

8 winners through to the final stage.

I suspect a few players who are currently in the top 80 (And think they have enough points) may opt out of tomorrow to protect their leg difference. If you’re level on points it goes by leg difference then legs won.

1 Like

There was a good competition there over Xmas.One lad wired a double 12 for a 9 darter

Ciaran Teehan beat Kieran Guina in the final of it.

Teehan was at Ally Pally a few years ago, he bate Ross Smith in first round and Mervyn King bate him then.

Guina is the lad I know, was planning on going to Q school but is leaving it till next year. He had until last Friday to enter but left it. He’ll play the INDO events for this year.

Teehan is at Q School but won’t make it to the next stage unless he goes on a run tomorrow.

2 Likes

Didn’t go Lasse’s way today :frowning_face:

Came across this on YouTube recommendations. Seems to be gathering a bit of traction in terms of views. Very interesting to see if he keeps at it and how he progresses over the next year and beyond. It would be very cool to look back on ot if he somehow made it onto the Tour and had some joy.

1 Like

Subscribed to him when it appeared on my suggestions.

Hopefully he keeps at it. His channels is growing at a savage rate too.

From 561 views in a day to 33.5k views a few days later :smiley:

Darts is box office.

1 Like

He must be sponsored by joe.ie

Michael Smith on Ariel Helwani the other day. Some time to be a darts player.

Is he any good

Averaging 71 at the moment.

He wouldn’t last long in the Track

He says he was averaging low 40s in Feb 2022.

I’d be happy with that improvement!

2 Likes

Sounds good but most lads reach a ceiling and can’t get any higher.

Me too

You need to have something or no training can ever matter

1 Like