2024/2025 Premier League - The Drive for 5

Stan is correct on everything except that Drury was ever a super commentator. He always liked the sound of his own voice too much.

Tyler’s commentaries seem like a golden age now.

https://x.com/StanCollymore/status/1837921469571256827

Peter Drury is proof of how influencers, not production quality is dictating bosses in briadcast media.

He was a good “steady Eddie” for years, a super comms guy.

He then strikes up a rapport with McCoist and every teen were “oh, they’re like lovely Uncles who love the game, Awww”.

That and that alone got him Number 1 at Sky.

People aren’t stupid, Tyler for his faults matches great moments with spontaneous words that matched. Drury, you can tell has a page full of “what to say when xxx scores” and it comes across as inauthentic and scripted.

Sky needs to do an audit on the demographics of their audience and listen to them because during the week other than geekily watching bits of shows to see what they’re doing, there is almost zero output that goes beyond clip-bait which industrially throws out clips on socials which maintains Sky’s presence. The reality is that numbers are tanking, people are sick of 4 or 5 clubs on a loop and to be frank, output that is just copying the big influencer channels rather than insightful football club, player, manager and regional content.

Utter fucking rubbish most of it and I know many agree. It’s being held together by 3 or 4 pundits who occasionally and only occasionally now sadly are doing insight rather than comedy.

If I want comedy, I’ll watch a thousand great comedians. Give me football please.

4 Likes

I missed the second half but a 7-2-0 formation would suggest Arteta failed the Test

Champions find a way.

Just catching up on the results of the day. Your heart would go out to Lego Man and Woolwich.

Rodri’s injury will put a serious dent in the 5 in a row

The Thames barrier failed right at the end.

Considering the tippy tappy played these days that is some going

https://twitter.com/statmusefc/status/1837909322640355426

He’ll be grand.

“The difference between the rivalry with Arsenal and Liverpool? Maybe it’s that Liverpool have already won a PL and Arsenal haven’t. That Liverpool have won a CL and Arsenal haven’t. And that Liverpool always face us with the intention of winning the game.”

Bernardo Silva

Sick Burn GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

That was pretty pathetic from Arteta. You’d imagine he’s ruled himself out of ever getting the City job today

For the first time in English top-flight history, six different teams have failed to win any of their first five league games

It’s a squad game. Injuries are part acl parcel.

Agreed. And the Man City Academy is the envy of the footballing world. Still, every squad has game changers.

Next man up.

That’s a lovely little pat on the head there for Liverpool. Arsenal have the Abu Dhabi fellas seething.

3 Likes

All Clubs now measure themselves off City.

Rodri has indeed done the ACL.

They love their memes that lot

Source?

A great time to do it. He can take it handy now for the next 20 months first in his recovery and then to build up his confidence in League Two next season before coming back to form at the 2026 World Cup.

1 Like

A crushing blow, while also really good news.

One of the Spanish fellas on twitter said he did it and was on a flight to Madrid. I’d have to wade through so much shit to find it again so apologies. It opens the league right up now.

Pity, was in career form and on the path to being one of the greatest ever. Hopefully he comes back as good.

1 Like