2024/2025 Premier League - The Drive for 5

In true Arsenal fashion it’s actually an excellent result. But feels like a disaster

Grealish was Abu Dhabi’s best player by a mile when he came on. He was only one that provided anything different. The rest were just programmed zombies.

3 Likes

Good draw for Arsenal. Wouldn’t have seen them getting a point at half time.

Unusual to see City so rattled. Twas only Arsenal

Nah, great point

Handy result for Aston Villa and longshot challengers like Liverpool.

Haaland is useless.

Pep missed a trick not getting Grealish on sooner, he is brilliant against low block defenses.

They were warriors out there, couldn’t do much more

Timber coming off and being replaced on that wing by a 17 year old contributed to that

A real fillup for Man Cit-heh before the real bidniz of the challenge to their existence kicks off tomorrow.

Hopefully they are cleared.

Nobody wants to win titles in the boardroom surely.

“Anybody else in the world would have run offside”, says Paul Merson of Abu Dhabi’s first goal.

I very much doubt anybody else in the world would have run offside, Paul.

1 Like

City are finished

Theo Walcott has a lovely speaking voice. He’d be excellent doing voice overs on road safety videos.

1 Like

Aside from being top of the table they have made a disastrous start

2 Likes

Stan is correct on everything except that Drury was ever a super commentator. He always liked the sound of his own voice too much.

Tyler’s commentaries seem like a golden age now.

https://x.com/StanCollymore/status/1837921469571256827

Peter Drury is proof of how influencers, not production quality is dictating bosses in briadcast media.

He was a good “steady Eddie” for years, a super comms guy.

He then strikes up a rapport with McCoist and every teen were “oh, they’re like lovely Uncles who love the game, Awww”.

That and that alone got him Number 1 at Sky.

People aren’t stupid, Tyler for his faults matches great moments with spontaneous words that matched. Drury, you can tell has a page full of “what to say when xxx scores” and it comes across as inauthentic and scripted.

Sky needs to do an audit on the demographics of their audience and listen to them because during the week other than geekily watching bits of shows to see what they’re doing, there is almost zero output that goes beyond clip-bait which industrially throws out clips on socials which maintains Sky’s presence. The reality is that numbers are tanking, people are sick of 4 or 5 clubs on a loop and to be frank, output that is just copying the big influencer channels rather than insightful football club, player, manager and regional content.

Utter fucking rubbish most of it and I know many agree. It’s being held together by 3 or 4 pundits who occasionally and only occasionally now sadly are doing insight rather than comedy.

If I want comedy, I’ll watch a thousand great comedians. Give me football please.

4 Likes

I missed the second half but a 7-2-0 formation would suggest Arteta failed the Test

Champions find a way.

Just catching up on the results of the day. Your heart would go out to Lego Man and Woolwich.

Rodri’s injury will put a serious dent in the 5 in a row