2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Will I set up a Private Telegram group to answer this?

Johnny Murphy will surely get the final.

Fucking hell :joy:

He’s a warrior, but that goal he could have lifted it and taken it round quaid.

2 Likes

He had 5 mins in last quarter.

He shouldn’t have been on the field either as he was well below average beforehand.

@fenwaypark @backinatracksuit @ousmanedembele @Perez2017 @Turenne @ScorpioLyons @Corksfinedtboy @YellowBib @kyle @Locke @mickee321

No need for a private group before the final id say :smiley:

What cork heads am I missing from above?

6 Likes

100 pc without doubt especially with a few greats in and around the club

1 Like

@mickee321

1 Like

Added him there but I’d say he’s gone underground in Israel

1 Like

I’d say most neutrals would like to see him win one (Harnedy too), the same way most were rooting for Canning to win one in '17.

2 Likes

Remarkable really the turnaround in fortunes of Rob Downey. I said it here a few times about the final of 21…he got reddened…absolutely obliterated…some his own fault but he got zero protection in front of him…and not only that we gave him about 15 short puck outs to deal with then when his head must have been melted…

Plenty sceptics of him in cork…myself included…but he has come on a ton

Little enough made of his point yesterday but it was as good a point as you will see…

Well done that man

16 Likes

The Downey bros play with an edge. They have added a real steel to that defense. I think management deserve huge credit for switching Joyce onto Hegarty.

6 Likes

Outstanding stuff from all involved yesterday.

Our aggressive style in positioning our players high caused Limerick so much problems. Gillane did all sorts of wreck but you have to allow for the possibility of that to get near this Limerick side.

The skill levels across the board were at the highest I’ve seen in a fair while from a Cork team. Cork’s touch was razor sharp. Some of the interplay in the first half was impressive to watch while our anticipation on breaking ball in the second half improved drastically after HT. Limerick were dotally dominant for a lot of that first half - in part due to their upper hand on breaking ball.

Much of our young spine were seeing their first action in Croke Park yesterday. Downey at FB did very well. Joyce had a terrific second half. Barrett, Connolly and Hayes are electric. All the talk should be about Hayes and Barrett after yesterday but Connolly could be a generational forward IMO. Has it all - pace, strength, ability to win ball, and sweet wrists. His intelligence and skill in setting up a Hoggy point in the second half was class.

Tim midfield, on balance, worked. Willo had little to zero influence on the game. Mark Coleman, while beaten in the air on a few too many long puckouts, had a very good game. Rob Downey is a serious, serious player now.

Huge credit must go to Collins too. Very brave in the first half, and puckouts were solid overall.

One of my first takeaways after the game - there seems to be great respect amongst those two player groups yesterday.

Any Limerick person I met was incredibly gracious in defeat. A shock to the system, for sure, but they’ll be favourites again next year I have no doubt.

13 Likes

A great summation

1 Like

All slagging aside, all @Limericks have been very gracious in defeat. They know they were second on the day and in fact how close the scores were grapple with them a bit, but they were well beat.

1 Like

@Kyle

1 Like

that lad been convicted for assault & the manager giving him a character reference were the cause of this shambles tbh

Fair play to you lad you called it during the week.I was at training the other night and one of the lads said Limerick would win by a point a man.I burst out laughing as I thought he was joking.

1 Like

I thought going Harness Racing the week before an All Ireland Semi Final was a bit odd too.

6 Likes

100%