2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

I saw Eoin for the 20s last year and I was seriously impressed. He caught one great ball yesterday as well.

1 Like

That’s a very poor comment.

Yeah, about time a female commentator was given a go. Why stop at presenting and analysis.

Christ almighty you’re a ferocious hypocrite

3 Likes

A very odd one. You’d wonder.

1 Like

Ive had this conversation with a few carkies today. They are all appalled when i suggest that they drop him they’ll bate clare. Hes dead weight, he should be making space for the 2 other ffs run riot inside.

Obviously the record is very important to him but that sort of stuff doesn’t impress me.

It’s all about the team and what’s best for the team in my book.

You dont have to retire from tfk now.

1 Like

I really did believe we were going to eke one more year out of it but it wasn’t to be. As we reeled Cork in at the end I believed we’d catch them but Cork were absolutely not for turning. I love how they attacked every ball bloody minded for the whole game, it was just a brave and driven performance from start to finish. I think it was what you saw from Limerick in 2018.

Limerick have driven on so many times despite injuries to key players but I think they really caught up with us this year. Been saying all year I didn’t think the balance of the team was right with Casey and O’Donovan out, ok you can’t replace these guys but I don’t think what we settled on was quite right. Casey a massive loss in knitting everything together in the forwards, although Reidy had a great year and was class in the first half. O’Donovan a major loss in his own right but also because it saw Lynch moved out of 11 and we are not the same team without him orchestrating everything from centre forward. Loss of Nash compounded that again. I don’t think we hit a single short puck out the first half, or even til late in the second. Our build up play from the back wasn’t the same and on top of Cork avoiding Hayes, we didn’t have Nash carrying forward and bringing Hayes into the game when we had possession. No short puck outs meant everything going long but we’d no Lynch at 11 and Hegarty had an awful off day. The major planks of our system - building from the back and winning pick outs at half forward - pretty much not functioning and somehow we still weren’t too far away at all.

I can see this Cork team dominating the next while and Limerick might still be the main opposition. Get English and O’Brien into the starting team and CON at half back or half forward and it’d add a lot of freshness and legs we’ll be competitive for another while yet.

7 Likes

Do you want an individual record or the team to win the championship. Applys to all team sports. Is he the best player to have on for the team to be successful?

Dowling was a sub in 2018, not based on ability he was one of the best players on that team but it was better for the team to have him on the bench.

1 Like

I’d start Horgan every day. They’ve two pacy ball winners in beside him, it’s a lethal combination. He’s been making fools of lads retiring him for years now. I think he’ll go this year.

4 Likes

He’d a shocker really yesterday but he’d been decent enough up until then. Who’re you starting ahead of him? Kingston - No, ROF - not an inside forward, Power - not had enough time, Lehane or Jack O’Connor - definitely not. It’s also quite funny to hear this from Limerick supporters, maybe if ye had taken Finn, Hannon and Hegarty off, you’d have won.

3 Likes

Byrnes and Harnedy yesterday was worth the entrance price alone, what a battle, two warriors. Rare you see that, two players marking each other and both had a great game. Byrnes put in some shift with the whole game played down his wing. And he had to play the full game whereas harnedy was going to get subbed once he ran out of steam. Harnedy is easily one of my favourite non Limerick players of the last ten years.

3 Likes

First time yesterday, I thought the line were too slow making changes but that’s the nature of these things with the credit in the bank

What time was it when harnedy went off?

1 Like

If ye want to beat clare thats what ye should do.

Yeah your probably right about yesterday for us but look it we lost. We can make the case for ifs and buts.

Ye are all obsessed with horgan down here but he is a passenger at this stage.

You’d hope Shane O’Brien will develop along the lines of a Harnedy, he has that kind of physical frame and economic style, very calm on the ball.

Harnedy leaving the field to be subbed and beckoning the Cork crowd by the Hogan to roar even louder could become an iconic moment.

3 Likes

I’d say pretty much all the Limerick supporters mention hannon having a poor game.

A lot of people even mentioned it before the game about how that could be an avenue cork for cork to exploit.

That’s how you 5 in 6 years. Always looking to improve. Never standing still.

Hannon was solid. Him and byrnes must have been dizzy with the amount of ball they had flying their way.
You certainly couldn’t blame the Limerick HB line yesterday. You couldn’t blame any of them. Cork just put in a performance for the ages…