2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Obviously not.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Sure there was no hurling in Cork until 2004

1 Like

Really? Successful cork teams always built off destroying teams in the FF line

Well in fairness I only remember cork winning two all Irelands and they had that short pick outs and hand passing game.

Cork for pretty much all my life time seemed to have a light and quick type forward.

This year they definitely picked a different type and of game and players a more direct style which I took as a massive compliment to Limerick.

One principal abandoned his post alright.

23 Likes

Once Cork get their fans to behave like rugby fans and stay quiet while a free is being taken then the ultimate transformation will be complete.

I am very disappointed to see the amount of people condoning that behaviour.

It’s absolutely disgraceful.

That’s Norries for you.

Across that 03 to 06 era they had unreal FF lines incl target men like Corcoran and setanta with ben o Connor and Joe deane too…following on from the fitzgibbon, hennessy, Fitzgerald eras…

1 Like

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

And there it is :clap:

Nice post incoming

As a young lad I loved John Fitzgibbon. A real flair to get goals and didnt seem to give a fuck what people thought

4 Likes

A bit of a maverick alright, in a harmless way

1 Like

I read some quote supposedly from him along the lines of he always went for goals as he wouldnt pass to inferior players and that ruled out just about everybody :joy:

1 Like

Charlie Haughey (at the all star banquet), ‘well done young man, and who are you?’
‘I’m John Fitzgibbon from Cork, who are you?’

17 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/j4XiSTDQjc7cwq9p7

He used to do a great lep when he scored a goal.

Lived in Boston for years (maybe still does?) know as God over there.

He does along with his brother Kieran, another Glen stalwart. An absolute legend and my all time favourite hurler.

2 Likes

Copying Ringy.

2 Likes