2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

There was a very good piece in the Sunday Times (I think) about himself and Kevin Hennessy, around the time Hennessy had the cancer, some years ago. At that stage Fitzgibbon was mad into mountain climbing.

2 Likes

They love, nearly expect, that kind of cheeky chappie behavior from their corner forwards down in Cork, so they do.

7 Likes

Are any of the new breed ‘characters’ I wonder?

‘you’ve got to have players with a bit of personality’ (high pitched exasperated roy keane voice)

I’d find that very disrespectful towards an elected politician.

I’d say Charlie loved it. An ideal yarn for an Up for the Match or an evening in Le Coq Hardi with Terry Keane.

4 Likes

It’s cringeworthy at best.

Yeah I remember reading that, had he had a fall from the mountain climbing?

It’s a pity a few more senior people than John weren’t willing to disrespect the crooked cunt.

10 Likes

Was just going to say the same

The horsey set were always fond of tugging the forelock.

1 Like

People were genuinely afraid of him and what he could do to you. He would have made a great fascist dictator.

As somebody famously said if we could bribe the planners maybe we wouldn’t have a housing crisis now

They’d break your heart. And usually did

Switch “with” and “in” and you’d be spot on.

2 Likes

“Half forward and full forward” :joy::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Genuine one here

Has Mark Rodgers had what would be considered a ‘poor’ year after being YHOTY last year.

Feels like he’s absolutely invincible from being dropped but I really feel like he hasn’t upped things any bit from 2023. Not sure how it has slipped under the radar but I might be over-critical.

I think he’s been quite good for what its worth.

He’s going better than Fitzgerald, Duggan and McCarthy over the course of the Championship.

I think he’s had a very good year and one good final performance away from an All-Star.

He was outstanding against Cork in PUC, which has easily been Clare’s crucial game up to now.

He scored two enormous points for Clare late on against Kilkenny.

Wexford game aside he’s looked very dangerous in practically every game.

Rodgers is a ballet dancer while having a unique ball winning ability for a player of his stature.

Really? I’ve felt he’s been one of Clare’s best players all year.

Yeh I may have been completely wrong on it

Dunno why, I just expected more from him (not sure what his ceiling is)

Just feels like he very much goes in-and-out of games and when he’s out of them he’s invisible. For the amount of minutes he has played, I’m surprised for example that David Fitzgerald has scored more from play in the Championship (although I know just pure scoring isn’t everything)