2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

His missed goal chances in the Munster final and Munster round robin is untypical of him and probably the difference between him having a good and great year. Doesn’t get to spend much time as an inside forward where he probably stands out the most with his club and college.

2 Likes

Rodgers despite not scoring had a decent Munster final, won a lot of hard ball and one of the few Clare players to carry a bit of fight to Limerick.

He had only one possession in the first half v Kikenny. He had 5 in the second which he turned into 2 points he rifled over, won a free and set up two more scores, so while not overly prominent he was very effective with what came his way.

1 Like

season 5 friends GIF

Tradition is not the worship of ashes but the preservation of fire.

Gustav Mahler

1 Like

I tried to tell ye but would ye listen???
Would ye fuck.

When you know you know.

Have they come to this realisation yet?

Lohan knew

3 Likes

Tonight’s not the night

Dont think they will ever.

Corks best player since ring they say, some insult to lot of players since ring.

Not many alive have seen ring play but in 50 to 100 years Rings medal collection will still be over 6 foot tall in the croke park museum while hoggie boi knocked over a lot of frees.

Just a quick log back in to extend congratulations to @Raylan @Big_Dan_Campbell and the rest of the Clare lads on here. Thinking of Joe Player tonight the old rogue. Ye took ye’re chance when it opened up and have a serious record in finals. Better side by a good bit today, had to win it twice really. We’ve had great battles down through the years and in fairness ye have never wilted or faded away despite experiencing big defeats from both ourselves and Kilkenny. For that alone ye deserved it more today.

Enjoy the week.

3 Likes

I dunno who thinks he’s corks best player since ring tbh.

1 Like

Who were the last team to cough up a 7 point lead in an All Ireland Final and lose on the day? Wexford, I know were 2-2 to 0-0 up on Cork in 1976. Did Galway get 7 ahead of Offaly in 1981 at one stage?

Think the biggest lead Limerick had on Offaly in 1994 was 6 points.

Conlan sent them home with their tae in a mug.

He had a fine game, delighted I was wrong. My thinking was Ryan had changed the work ethic for Cork but I was won’t, the same misfits went missing.

A few nice cheap shots at a few players from you. You had the drafts made out for the semi-final I’d imagine.

They lost to an outstanding Clare team by a puc of a ball after 100 odd minutes of hurling, and should have scraped a replay. There was no lack of effort from the players. They tried their hearts out. You don’t get that close against that standard of opposition with a lack of work rate. Get real.

8 Likes

He’s had his tae handed to him.

No cheap shots, the simple fact of the matter is Coleman left Fitzgerald have the freedom of the park, the midfields work rate was neglible and the Downeys were at the back shoring it up with very little assistance. They should have been beaten by six or seven points but for Shanagher and Fitzgerald making numerous errors. You can take it as you like, work rate wins matches and this Cork team has a couple of characters who lack the necessary minerals to get over the line, I thought it had changed but I was wrong. Old habits die hard.

Dalton. Connolly… But the Cork defence letting Rodgers and Kelly stroll in for those goals is beyond shocking. Joe McDonagh level teams wouldn’t defend like that.

1 Like

The Clare lads did what we should have done, made it a battle. Only one winner when they did this.

1 Like