2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

He knows his Galway.

Alighting from Feda O’Donnell’s bus in Eyre Square, the city scoops them up into its bosom like some great hippy aunt, feeding them culture and craic and plenty of drink. No visit to Galway is complete for a Donegal person without observing an old school friend, now with dreadlocks and Palestinian keffeyeh, bashing away at a bodhran in some pub, a loyal mongrel snoozing on a rope at his feet.

4 Likes

I’m looking for a lower Cusack ticket for Sunday if anyone would have a spare. For a friend though, not me.

That’s a great observation. They have the Celtic mysticism that the Atlantic gifts. Roscommon on the other hand don’t and are dull midlanders, not a true West of Ireland county. And it eats them inside.

5 Likes

Faldo would be like a peacock today. He will be in my thoughts today during the game.

A lot of tripe in there. None of us would be wearing anything that would highlight our political allegiances. Brian Feda must have gave him a bag of weed for a spot of publicity.

Imagine what he’d be like tomorrow.

2 Likes

Brilliant . Even amongst “the doomed “ there’s a bit of snobbery. Those Roscommon lads bleakness isn’t as romantic as our bleakness .

2 Likes

You want bleak,a day on the bog in N Leitrim would do the job for yeah

1 Like

In fairness to the Rossies, they stick together. They’re noble and stoic.
Nothing like the Galway lads who’d fight and fleece one another at the drop of a cardigan.

I don’t rate Kerry. But I don’t really rate Armagh either.

I think the winner will come from the other semi

It’s going to be an Armagh v Galway final.

“So far the crowd looks mostly orange.”

Except it appears that barring a last minute on pitch striptease Armagh will be playing in all black. FFS sake.

And if they win this game, that will be taken as a “lucky omen” and they will play in black forever more.

Derry in red, Armagh in black.

FFS sake. Game’s gone.

That was a red.

Red for me

“Harsh” says Eamonn

Just tuned in. Why have they created more of a colour clash than just using Armagh’s regular orange kit?

2 Likes

Heaven only knows

Paudie Clifford is as lovely sweet footballer.

Geezer is into his bullshit psychology.

“We need to watch Any Given Sunday.”

“We need a message from Muhammad Ali.”

“We need Joe Kernan to fling his loser’s medal at the wall.”

“We need a satanic symbol on our sleeves.”

“We need to change our colours because black is more intimidating than orange and Kerry will be fooled into thinking we’re the All Blacks.”

Derry changed their colours on the same basis Vincent Tan changed Cardiff’s colours.

This is how century old traditions get flung out. Some lad reading the tea leaves.

Clare will probably wear all blue for the hurling final too. You know it.

Armagh are at absolutely nothing here