2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

He’s a GAA employee too. Hyland seems to get sent off every second game he plays

5 days to go til it all kicks off, a wonderful time of year. I see Connacht have 2 of the bookies leading 5 teams in the race for Sam, the J.J. Nestor is again the most prestigious of provincial cups.

2 Likes

Is Wexford’s championship opener on GoGoTV on Sunday?

No I dont think so

1 Like

There was a lovely bit of sulphur in the air in LHOMP last night for the Minor encounter between Laois and Offaly. With both counties due to face off in the battle for the Joe McDonagh and Delaney Cups in the space of 8 days in the very same stadium, well, you just knew while they tell you the Minor is Major, in really its the coming weeks that will be off the hook.

That’s absurd. The GAA had streams available for the children’s and youths’ Leinster football championship matches over the last couple of nights but they’re not bothering with the senior? What’s the point of GoGoTV at all?

2 Likes

I’m the wrong person to ask mate

It’s very frustrating. The league schedule on GAA Go was extremely random too. Dead rubbers like Cavan v Fermanagh (F) and Tipp v Antrim (H) being chosen as that weeks showing.

As regards the game itself I’d expect a Wexford win by at least 7-8 points tbh. The talk is that Jordan Morrissey is going abroad and without him Carlow will be fairly bereft of options around the middle. You’d wonder if it will even go ahead though with the weather scheduled for this weekend.

1 Like

Is Jordan Morrissey related to Jody?

He was some player tbf to him. On some fairly poor Carlow teams, he stood out a mile.

Yeah Jordan is his son as far as I’m aware. He’d be about 25 at this stage. Won a Sigerson with DCU and would be the lynchpin at 6 for Carlow typically. Jody would’ve been on that Eire Óg team that won 5 Leinster’s in the 90’s?

Up and running.

Galway lead in Ruislip at half time. Backed by a hurricane they are up 1-15 to 0-03. Johnny Heaney the pick of them, four or five points from play.

London are game but have no midfield. Going long with every kick out into the wind and getting ate.

They’ve a few tidy looking forwards but haven’t been able to get them enough ball. The full forward has the beating of the Galway full back, who is sporting a fine mullet.

Looks more a pitch opening than a championship match, fellas walking around the ground as the game is going on.

1 Like

Full time
Waterford: 2-7(13)
Tipperary: 1-5(8)

Fuck Tipp.

Clare up next in Fraher Field on Saturday evening, April 20th.

1 Like

Is that a Munster semi-final? Waterford one win away from the All-Ireland series.

Yes.

Kerry v Cork the other semi.

Wexford cruising past Carlow in the Leinster preliminary round meeting. 1-15 to 0-5 with 15 to go. Louth will be a much stiffer test in the quarter-final for John Hegarty’s charges.

Congrats @Fagan_ODowd @ChairmanDan .
I feared the worst today. This in many peoples eyes is nadir for Tipp football but Waterford are sneaky good and it shouldnt be viewed like that.

Nire, Rathgormack, Kilrossanty, Rinn, Ballinacourty, Brickey Rangers are all strong club sides. The Waterford club winners always compete in munster club. Some excellent footballers in the county. Potential is big down there if they gave it a proper cut. Maybe this is the win they need. They can’t all be county hurlers. I like the cut of their managers jib as well. They’d hardly had 9 or 10 at training some years but he has galvanised them. Tipp by comparison doesnt have a competitive club game. They decided to relegate a load of teams to make it “competitive”. 2 hurling club teams who avoided the chop last year are not even entering teams in senior football this year reportedly such is the indifference.
Even ourselves a traditional football club have more players favouring the small ball these days. Hard to see a way back for football in the county.

1 Like

They really aren’t nowhere near in fact, it’s as embarrassing a loss as possible in football.

2 Likes

Congrats @Fagan_ODowd and @ChairmanDan