2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Shur look it, I get Ulster Football like no one else here

Armagh need to bury 3+ goals here

8 goals conceded in almost three games for Derry. A complete shambles

Marty shiteing on even more than usual today.

Fairly cowardly for McGuigan to go for the camera score rather than working a goal chance

They betrayed Derry football with the last two managers. You’d get no luck for it.

If derry beat westmeath in 2 weeks they are still in it. I’d say they would prefer to be gone.

@glenshane post-match:

2 Likes

Armagh are a nasty outfit.

Derry have a bad oul’ history against Westmeath. Beaten by them in the 1994 NFL quarter-final and the 1995 All-Ireland minor final.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a more predictable team at this level than Derry

Derry need to run Harte and that tramp with him this evening

Derry players reacting to Mickey Harte’s management:

2 Likes

Derry make history by becoming the first ever Ulster team to lose their first three championship matches in a year.

A full round of dead rubbers to look forward to now ahead of the knock outs.

We’re seeing a lot of these breakaway goals this year. About 10 against Derry in different matches. Matty Taylor for Cork yesterday. Shane Walsh for Galway today.

It’s a pity as it seems be happening because teams are pushing up in attack.

Not quite true.

Group A
Galway v Armagh - both teams qualified, the winner will win the group with the loser second - a draw wins Armagh the group
Derry v Westmeath - straight knockout - a draw qualifies Westmeath

Group B
Dublin v Mayo - battle for 1st and 2nd in group, a draw means Dublin win it
Roscommon v Cavan - straight knockout, if it’s a draw Roscommon go through

Group C
Donegal v Clare - will be a turkey shoot
Cork v Tyrone - Cork win the group by avoiding defeat, a Tyrone win will mean a three way tie on 4 points

Group D
Kerry v Louth - technically a battle for 1st and 2nd in group but obviously will be a turkey shoot
Meath v Monaghan - Straight knockout with Meath needing to win, Monaghan could still just about nab second place if they win easily and Louth get a tanking

RTE should probably show Derry v Westmeath and Meath v Monaghan live but my bet is they will show Galway v Armagh and Dublin v Mayo.

So zero dead rubbers out of eight matches. The GAA might not be as stupid as we think.

24 games to whittle 16 teams down to 12 strikes me as the essence of stupidity.

4 Likes