2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Absolutely shambolic stuff again.

Season fucked again.

1 Like

Galway should have won that by 5, 6 maybe even 7 points. Completely on top and Gleason gifts them 1-1. They dropped 5 short into the keepers arms in the 2nd half. Even managed to get ahead again in injury time and for some reason tried to get another point with 50 seconds left. Kicked it wide and gave Armagh the ball back. Utterly brainless.

4 Likes

Marty the stupid cunt never once mentioned who the draw suited in the last ten minutes. I’d say by the sound of his voice when the equaliser went over he actually didn’t know it was as good as a winner

8 Likes

Galway will play either Roscommon, Cork or Meath/Monaghan at home.

Quarter-final will be against one of Donegal, Kerry or Dublin.

Unless Mayo or Louth upset all this, which they won’t.

Group winners
Armagh
Donegal
Kerry
Dublin

Second place
Galway
Tyrone
Louth
Mayo

Third place
Derry
Roscommon
Cork
Monaghan/Meath

+1. I only switched it on after 65 minutes when I saw there was a close finish & that tool never once informed the viewer of the permutations.

I’m seething here. Useless fucking cunts.

5 Likes

I haven’t been as mad after a game in a while. Will we never learn? So sloppy to not win that.

2 Likes

For some reason I always end up reading your posts in a thick Easht Galway accent.

1 Like

You’d feel sorry for the backs who were excellent.

4 Likes

Joyce got his substitutions wrong again. Danny O’Flaherty should have been brought on at least 10 mins earlier. It was a game made for Johnny Heaney but instead he brings on Tomo Culhane who only ever does absolutely fuck all.

1 Like

Think it was Culhane who took the shot with a minute to go. Even if it was scoreable the percentage play is surely to just hang onto it and run down the clock. Rather than give them the ball back.

2 Likes

Looking at the games today I think the new 2 pointer rule could actually be great. Could add a real sense of jeopardy when the ball is being transferred around 40m out and force teams to push out more.
I still think the new structure of the championship is good too and as teams and fans (and dopes like Marty) start to realise how important things like coming 1st 2nd and 3rd in groups and point difference and getting a week off they will realise the importance of taking every match seriously

1 Like

Fitzy on toast by Conroy already

Ger Canning is a truly awful commentator. One lad ‘judiciously’ takes a point and another tries to replicate what he did in the league. Big words to fill space that add nothing. With Morrissey not having a bulls notion about the significance of the last minute point in the earlier game you’d wonder do they do any prep during the week.

It was Culhane yeah, a dreadful fucking effort.

This ref is a clown

You should have said hello…

3 Likes

Monaghan eating up Meath. 0-16 to 1-6.

Lovely bit of commentary there.

Fitzmaurice: Jackets starting to come on now and umbrellas going up. Looks like rain is on the way.

Canning: It was forecast Eamon.

4 Likes

Fitzy needs to hang up the boots. The Cliff will smoke this bozo