2024 PDC World Darts Championship & Q School

Lovely, ill wfh that week

5 Likes
1 Like

Oh yes!

The missus and I were discussing getting rid of Sky Sports. I said the World Championship darts was non negotiable.

1 Like

15 minutes into this beaut and here are the first conclusions

• Darts players can’t dress for shit when they’re not playing darts
  • Taylor is a twat
  • Part is three sheets to the wind

Lovely stuff

1 Like

Quarter 1

Ross Smith and Cross are the ones to keep on side in Q1 I think. Not much else that could do deep in Q1. Couldn’t have Michael Smith in current form. Wouldn’t put anyone off backing him to lose tomorrow night at 5/1. (Michael Smith - Round of Elimination - 2nd Round) Doets or Buntz could catch him out tomorrow night

Quarter 2

Gary Anderson and Gerwyn Price the ones to keep on side here I think. I think Anderson will have a big say this year. He’s a two time winner and is getting back to his best at the right time.

Hard to know what form Peter Wright will be in. Luke Littler has a great chance of making Round 3 if he can get past Kist and Gilding. He’ll be on the tour next year and looks a serious prospect and he’s only 16. I think Jim Williams could be the dark horse in this quarter. There’s 400/1 about him to win it outright which I think is massive. Could be an interesting back to lay position.

Quarter 3

MVG looks a likely winner of this quarter but I think Joyce and Bunting are ones to watch in this quarter. Both are playing well and well capable of rattling MVG. MVG will leave chances should they meet. Not much else to say about the rest in Q3.

Quarter 4

Luke Humphries finds himself in Q4 after winning the Players Championship. He has won the last 3 majors and finds himself as the bookies favourite for this years renewal. I couldn’t be backing him at 3/1 though. Rydz can be hit n miss at the best of times.
Aspinall won the World Matchplay and judging by Instagram hit his first 9 darter of the year today in practice :slight_smile: . Chizzy doesn’t seem to be able to play on stage, he can light it up on the floor tournaments but has disappointed a few times on stage this season. Gian Van Veen is my dark horse here. Making his Ally Pally debut but has been flying up the rankings on his debut year. If the nerves don’t get to him he could go on a run.

I’m siding with Gary Anderson to be lifting the Sid Waddell trophy in the new year. The Flying Scotsman knows how to win and seems to be enjoying his darts compared to previous years.

4 Likes
Winner of the 2024 PDC World Darts Championship
  • Luke Humphries
  • MVG
  • Gerwyn Price
  • Michael Smith
  • Gary Anderson
  • Rob Cross
  • Peter Wright
  • Nathan Aspinall
  • Josh Rock
  • Stephen Bunting
  • Johnny Clayton
  • Dave Chisnall
  • James Wade
  • Ross Smith
  • Giav Van Veen
  • Chris Dobey
  • Luke Littler
  • Ryan Searle
  • Dimitri van Den Bergh
  • Damon Heta
  • Danny Noppert
  • Joe Cullen
  • Other
0 voters

Rob Cross
Gary Anderson
Josh Rock
Luke Humphries

Anderson and Humphries final

Humphries to win

https://twitter.com/cameronmenzies/status/1735617310990242253?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

He’s the second game on tonight :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Rydz is a fantastic player when he’s on form but seems mentally weak, maybe it’s his combover.But he could rattle a few of the big names if he’s on form.

1 Like

Ah brilliant!

Two-time world champion Peter Wright will begin his quest to lift the Sid Waddell Trophy for a third time on Wednesday the 20th of December against either Jim Williams or Norman Madhoo.

Although by his own lofty standards 2023 hasn’t been the best of years, Peter Wright heads to the World Darts Championship as the recently crowned European Champion. More pertinent perhaps than the questions about his form however, is the question about which set of darts ‘Snakebite’ will use to start off with.

“I’m down to two sets now!” Wright reveals in conversation with Emma Paton on the Love the Darts podcast for Sky Sports. “So that’s pretty good. I did have more…” Wright laughs, panning his webcam to show off another dozen sets of darts that have been used recently.

“There’s a special Christmas set that are like Michael van Gerwen’s, same weight and everything but a Christmas edition and of course, my gold darts,” he says of the options he’s bringing to the Alexandra Palace.

Not ideal for Snakebite backers.

Im aboard the Anderson train myself @Copper_pipe

Gary Anderson has a very tough route.

He has to go through
Whitlock, Van Duijvenbode, Price and Wright just to reach the semis. That’s the toughest route anybody has. I can see actually see him get to the semis but losing there.

Semis for me are:
Cross v Anderson
Van Gerwen v Aspinall

Cross v Aspinall final.

Callan Rydz will beat Luke Humphries.

Not a chance.

Doets vs Buntz
Menzies vs Rodriguez
Whitlock vs Nebrida
Smith vs Buntz

https://twitter.com/evanmcfarlane/status/1735624678683689181?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

Rice University Moon GIF by Virginia Young Democrats Teen Caucus

Buntz against the pumpz here.

He’s gone…… :open_mouth: 3-0