9.30 PM - Tuesday 28th July 2009

Say it aint so!! I expect to hear of a Liverpool v Olympiakos / Milan esque display in the second half and the boys getting the desired result.

Hopefully they are celebrating in a bar and can’t log on.

A superb start to the second half with three quick goals killed off the valent Murexico challenge in the first half.

A 5-1 victory. Hat trick for Cesc and 2 for Stevie G.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]A superb start to the second half with three quick goals killed off the valent Murexico challenge in the first half.

A 5-1 victory. Hat trick for Cesc and 2 for Stevie G.[/QUOTE]

Inspirational stuff!! How did the league leaders go?

They won comfortably.

For the benefit of those who don’t have access to the astro board:

Murexico 1 - 5 thefreekick.com

TFK overcame a lethargic first half display to run out convincing winners in the end and keep the pressure on champions elect Sophis. TFK raced into a two nil lead through Stevie G and Cesc4 only to be pegged back to 2-1 just before half time. Indeed it could have been worse as Wexican stopper Bandage pulled off a point blank save seconds before the half time whistle.

Harsh words were exchanged at the interval and a different side emerged after the break racing into a 5-1 lead within 10 minutes through Cesc4 (2) and StevieG (1) before effectively and efficiently closing out the remainder of the game.

The run goes on, 9 wins in a row, three games to go.

They beat Inter Borgia 8-1. We beat the Borgians 7-1 last week.

There’s a point between us and Sophis (about time they got their own TFKwiki) with three games to go. We meet in the final game of the season. It shaping up like Anfield 89.

Ah lovely

Ah it’s mind boggling.

:smiley:

[quote=“The Runt”]Ah lovely

Ah it’s mind boggling.

:D[/QUOTE]

This is surely the feel good story of the year to date. Its amazing what a group of determined and commited minds can do when some confidence is thrown into the mix… Mind boggling indeed!

Good second half there from the lads. Nice to see us step it up a couple of gears after a lacklustre first half. And despite the pressure of the situation and the glare of the worldwide media on us too.

If this is still in the balance come the last game, we are doing Booterstown as a Jolly night out.

Fact.

[quote=“myboyblue”]If this is still in the balance come the last game, we are doing Booterstown as a Jolly night out.

Fact.[/QUOTE]

Don’t jinx us MBB. Still have to play Quality FC and Jackson Revolvers. We’ll focus on Sophis if we’re still in it at that stage.

First item on the BBC World Service sports news I heard this morning here as I drove to work. I had to stop on the hard shoulder and cry tears of joy.

Truly inspirational.

[quote=“Fitzy”]First item on the BBC World Service sports news I heard this morning here as I drove to work. I had to stop on the hard shoulder and cry tears of joy.

Truly inspirational.[/QUOTE]

Will you come back for the final home game of the season? It’s going to be epic.

I can see a big drop coming, too many lads getting carried away here.
Calm down everyone.

Runty will we run a bus from limerick for the match…

:clap:

This time 24 hours ago exactly we were tearing Murexico a new one.

Last night’s game is dead and gone
It’s with O’Leary in the grave

so in effect its now New Murexico…