A new low for the GGA

it seems a stick hurling team representing one of Irelands most populated counties had to forfeit a massive league game as they hadnt enough players

time the gga did to hurling what puke should have done to lohan after the pine martin attack & put the agrisport out of its misery

Shocking!

Congrats by the way m8

First Sporting Fingal go bust and now this. I am outraged :angry:

cheers MI

see there is a macaris in the village now- hope it doesnt affect property prices

Fucking knew once they let a burger bar on the diamond it was the start of a slippery slope. It’ll be worse than O’Connell St soon…

I presumed this thread would be about the queen visiting Croker I must admit.

How did you miss this one?

Cluxton and McAteer see red in charity match

Dublin goalkeeper Stephen Cluxton
04 April 2011

Seeing red. For hitting an Irish soccer legend. In a charity match. That was the fate which befell Dublin goalkeeper Stephen Cluxton in what has been described as a hot-tempered friendly on Sunday.

Cluxton, who kept a clean sheet as Dublin maintained their 100 per cent Allianz National League record against Down on Saturday night, was part of the Darndale FC side which took on a Liverpool Legends XI at Santry’s Morton Stadium.

The game was ostensibly in aid of the Autism Ireland charity, but it seems there wasn’t much charity in the air when Cluxton and former Ireland star McAteer squared up.

The moment that the three-time All Star goalkeeper landed a left hook on his rival’s chin made the back page of the Irish Daily Star this morning.

The Sun, meanwhile, claims the pair pre-planned the altercation for the entertainment of the crowd of around 2,500 in attendance.

Former world boxing champion Bernard Dunne was among those at the game, drawing attention to the incident for his 2,100-strong Twitter following.

“#StephenCluxton is my hero,” he tweeted. “Showed a soccer player today (Jason McAteer) GAA boys don’t fanny about like those soccer players… 1-2 uni flu!”

A later tweet from Dunne read, “I don’t condone it of course but fu@k me that was impressive. Unlike our western neighbours sport GAA boys dont mess about…”

And another (the typos are Bernard’s): “It wad a whopper. If be careful about saying anything about hid mistakes in future if I was on d Dublin panel. Legend.”

Cluxton’s Dublin teammate and current Footballer of the Year Bernard Brogan joined the Twitter conversation by telling Dunne, “You would of been proud of that left hook!!!”

We have the back page of the Star over on our Twitter page here, while Flickr user Paul Walsh has uploaded a high definition photo. Enjoy!