A poll for Wexford people

What are you doing on Saturday?

I think I’m done with GAA. I’ve concluded that the beautiful game pisses all over indigenous sports and I’ll be enjoying the feast of football action either at home or in a public house.

Working in the morning followed by Yankee stadium in the afternoon for some real sporting action.

If Wexford start winning matches at adult level in football or hurling I could be coaxed into taking an interest again but for the moment I’m happy enough with my one All-Ireland and three Leinster titles.

Wexford folk are a fickle lot.

No pride. :frowning:

Take that back Kev.

I’ve often said that Wexford is the flower of them all but when you came tonight, and you look down through the streets of Gorey at 30,000 people and you come on through the places like Clough, Camolin, Ferns and into Enniscorthy, and you look back at that magnificent town with the bridge in the background, the cathedral on the hill and the chapel and the spires, you think to yourself what a beautiful place and what a beautiful part of the world.

And then to come into Ferrycarrig and a whole snake of cars for ten miles, the two castles shining in the air, the moon on the water, and then you can say about the blood in your veins and the county that you come from is a special place.

And the colours that you hold over your head are purple and gold. That flag over your head is a symbol of everything that we stand for. That purple and gold isn’t an accident. It’s a fact and it’s tangible and the men who wore it on their backs yesterday and marched behind the band with pride and stood with respect before their president carried your colours – the colours of your county.

That colour is your colour and it represents everything you are and all that went before you, and the people who died in the streets of this very town. This is your colour and don’t forget it. If you have pride in your county, pride in the place that you come from, you become a very special breed of person. We are Wexford and don’t ever forget that.

Must be just the ones who have forgotten where they are from. Sad to see.

Parnell park…

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 578230”]
Working in the morning followed by Yankee stadium in the afternoon for some real sporting action.[/quote]

Who are the Yankees playing, Tinnion?

My beloved Red Sox have made a nightmare start to the season.

Will be present in Parnell in Purple (and Gold).

Rangers Bandage.

I’m making my softball debut in a matter of weeks so I’ll be studying the techniques of the players closely.

Great to see us inquisitive Wexford folk taking a keen interest in different sports from other cultures.

Good luck with the new adventure, brian.

I’m off to parnell see support the county with pride
cmon the yellabellies

Won’t be in Parnell Park due to plans made for the weekend based on notes in the programme at the Leinster Final :angry:

Saturday evening, it’ll be early on Sunday morning for me, so I’ll be asleep, with a weather eye on the U21 result of course.
I’ll watch the highlights of El Classico on SBS’s The World Game on Sunday afternoon, with beer in hand. Unless I’m gardening.

Fuck, the Red Sox really have gone to shit.

Fair play to whoever goes to Parnell Park.

it’ll be a last minute thing for me if I manage to make it. busy saturday so trying to re arrange shit so I can travel up. Kehoe has been out of the country since the leinster final too, back today I think.

The Cork girl wears the pants there anyway. :lol:

:huh:

Not sure who the Cork girl is?

I may consider popping across to this, is it OK if I ote Bandage?

Thank fuck :clap: :clap:

Parnell Park for me, I’ve seen all their matches so far, no point in stopping now. Come on the yella bellies :pint: :pint:

I would prefer if you didn’t, MBB. I don’t like excluding people but this was directed towards Wexford people to check whether the impact of the Opera House and other cultural developments has had an impact on more traditional pursuits. Or if people have just become fed up of the GAA because of the fooks that run it.

On the basis that this vote is aimed at recognising the Cork ignoramus that is Christy Cooney, I will respect your wishes.

CLG text me when you’re outside the 'Neller.