Abortion result hub

:brendan::ronnyroar::dembele::brendanback:

7 Likes

No mention of abortion though

Irvine Welsh’s tweet is along the same lines of one I read earlier by @Brian1Wexford.

Both of them despise right wing, crackpot, fundamentalists.

2 Likes

Sure aren’t I conversing with one when I reply to you? :grin:

1 Like

So you’ve finally mentioned abortion, but only as a term of abuse? Remarkable

You seem very confused with your line of posting here, pal.

Is everything OK?

FAO OF @Tank @Chucks_Nwoko

3 Likes

He’s put his arse on the line here guys.

I fully accept the outcome even if I didn’t vote for it myself. As I said previously I’ve little time for absolutists on either side and I do believe most of the electorate approached the issues maturely and with the best of intentions. That’s democracy at work and the result has to be accepted. I wouldn’t advocate or be indulging in the kind of whinging and non-acceptance of democracy and rule of law at work that we saw after the US Presidential elections of 2000 & 2016, the Brexit vote, the first Lisbon Treaty referendum or the recent unanimous acquittals in the Belfast rape trial.

11 Likes

God bless democracy and God bless the women of this great country

10 Likes

I have no doubt whatever that, when the iceberg melts Ireland will become an exceedingly tolerant country

W.B. Yeats, June 11, 1925

5 Likes

You have blood on your hands.

That is all.

A fine poet but a bit of a West Brit. A proper West Brit though not like utter cunts from the northside pretending to be D4 like @Matty_Hislop. Plenty of those cunts here, but worse is roasters pretending to be sophisticated Dubs, you know who you are.

3 Likes

What an amazing country 
 Just on my way in to tally votes now
 I’ll openly weep tears of joy with every beautiful yesterday/ta vote I count
which will be a lot of tears.

I would now urge both yes and the very small portion of no voters to come together and get this right in how we go about implementing it.

2 Likes

I predicted a landslide all along, something in the region of 65%, this could be even greater.
Nothing to celebrate but it’ll be a good day for Ireland, just hope that the implementation of this and the education surrounding it are appropriate. The Iona and various other religious headbangers need to be cut adrift or the church is fucked here

2 Likes

Anyone under the age of 50 going in to a parish hall of a Saturday to ‘tally’ votes is a certified weirdo.

7 Likes

This is a great result for the government. A small majority would have put them under a lot of pressure.

It’s a tricky one for Fianna Fáil. The Champ called it right from the start but most of the rest of the parliamentary party, particularly the rural deputies were calling for a no vote and have long been looking for any reason to take out the Champ.

Hard to argue with sinead here, the rugby players had a big hand in this

1 Like