Abortion - Yay or Nay? Labane and Sid talk American politics, Codegreen ponders on the cost

I thought they were obliged to ‘take the boat’?

Actually that makes no sense

They usually incorporate it into a weekend doing lunch with the girls in London I think.

Will doctors have the right to refuse service if the time comes?

The affidavit pre empts the findings of the review. If she is of the knowledge that there will be negative findings then that’s on her own doorstep as master of the hospital and the application for the JR would be enough to effect confidence in holles street never mind what happened to the lady who died leading to this and other litigation. And again, this was an ex parte application so it will be interesting to see what HIQA and Harris have to say. IMHO, if there was a screw up unless it’s investigated properly then people lose faith in the organisation and bringing in the lawyers to stop any investigation hardly inspires confidence that holles st want to learn from this death, seems they’re more about reputations.

Long story short, if O’Mahony got off the radio and stopped gurning at photo ops with COG then she may have the time to get her house in order as she’s paid to do.

1 Like

This is apparently the format we will be voting on.
If a yes vote is obtained then it looks like unrestricted abortion up to twelve weeks will automatically become law.
Too extreme for an awful lot of voters imo.
There are plenty of people out there who would be prepared to have the 8th repealed and replaced by wording which would facilities a choice in cases like FFA, rape and incest. But if a yes vote automatically means we go straight down the road of unrestricted then I’m afraid it’ll be a no from me.

6 Likes

Totally agree with you there Mike

1 Like

I genuinely think we are going to pull this off.

1 Like

12 weeks is a decent compromise and should be enough to get the 8th repealed.

The pro-life crackpots who want to force 12 year old rape victims to go full term and give birth have ensured that this is where the middle ground is.

1 Like

How many aborted cases of these were recorded last year. Where are you getting your figures from. Can you please post a link.

What figures?

1 Like

I don’t consider myself an extremist and the vast majority of people in this country are stuck right bang in the middle of this. The issue with twelve weeks is that I can guarantee you it will not be adhered to.

That was decided over 20 years ago

And people marched and demonstrated because they didn’t want an underage rape victim to be allowed go abroad for an abortion.

These same headbangers are the leading lights in the so-called pro-life brigade.

I was in the local last week and heard a story of a couple who were told by the experts that their young baby wouldn’t survive the birth (be dead in a few hours) they decided to go ahead with it and that child is now over 1year old. It won’t see 2 years. This changed the views of a few pro choice.

Let me know when you see a placard saying let’s keep 12 year old rape victims.

You’re just engaging in bullshit here

Are you denying certain people didn’t want the child in the X case to be allowed go abroad for an abortion?

Lads still stuck at the cabinet meeting.

Half the FG lads getting drunk as we speak. Prob start polling at 11 I’d say.

1 Like

No I’m not, but the x case is settled law and those people you say will be all for keeping a 12 year old rape victim in the country will be for retaining the 8th, i.e. the supreme court interpretation of it from the x case so they will be campaigning to send 12 year old rape victims for abortion.

Try to keep up like a good chap.

1 Like