Abortion - Yay or Nay? Labane and Sid talk American politics, Codegreen ponders on the cost

And again! This is actually fascinating I am getting an insight into your childhood through this window now.

The ignore function is being brought back for one poster only. Bite your tongue and wait pal

I think I broke him :laughing: He has to get the last word in itā€™s brilliant!

Unlike yourself my childhood didnā€™t involve regular beatings and copious bouts of self-loathing.

That, sadly for you, has continued into ā€œadulthoodā€ - I deliberately inserted the inverted commas, by the way.

Debate what exactly? Itā€™s been done to death ---- I have hundreds of posts on here already, and iā€™m not going to repeat myself - Most of my posts were fairly measured and I voted yes with plenty of concernsā€¦ I dont think ti was a simple outright yes by most who voted. But The vote has taken place and abortion won by a landslide. You need to come to terms with the result ā€¦ and all your angry man posts are not going to change anything.

We all know in an ideal world there would be no abortion but we dont live in an ideal world and the laws we had in place were not good enough.

Thatā€™s as far as Iā€™m going as Iā€™ve said it all before.

Good luck and thanks.

Ok ok you can have the last word @Sidney I know how a spoilt only child can throw tantrums and get very frustrated when things donā€™t go there way, il leave you alone now to play with your toys by yourself again.

Tut tut, no need for the projection.

No Iā€™m not going to change a moral position i have because majority rules.

Again thanks for your anti abortion support, you do come across as slightly confused when you also say unborn foetuses canā€™t actually be killed. It was a very tough question, the ā€˜hard casesā€™ had very valid grounds. But the wide open abortion thats being mooted is not what many voted for i feel. Anyway good day to you.

abortion is a better option than waiting until they are born and burying them in a septic tank.

The Roman Catholics can fuck right off with their moral high ground on this one.

1 Like

You know well what I mean ā€¦ Now youā€™re using feotus - which is fine - but thereā€™s a whole umbrella of moral blackmail with the language/terms used around abortion. Is it a baby at week 4/5/6 etc? When does life truly begin? up to what point can we accept abortion in a given situation? Questions of rape and other very tough situations where the feotus/ baby will die ā€¦ they are all very, very tough questions and a gang of you came charging in here all going on about murdering babies ā€“ and that shite does no one any good.

Nothing to do with the Church as much as @anon61878697 would like it to be! This is a matter of morals not Religion.

1 Like

Your taking the moral high ground now, not name calling or suggesting inflammatory nonsense like 8 month old foetuses cant be killed. Great to see we could elevate the discourse.

The church and right wing catholic organizations were the main voice against on every media streamā€¦ and iā€™ve never said they solely were.

Absolutely correct

Who the fuck is advocating the termination of an 8 month old?

it is a democratic decision taken by the people.

It was brought in for cases where mothers were at risk of dying when both mother and baby were in risk. for cases of pregnancy by rape or other sexual abuse.

if some people use the legislation to abort, then so be it. Itā€™s democracy.

Abortion isnā€™t mandatory.

:muscle:

As was brexit and the election of 45 but some posters didnā€™t like democracy that time

what are you telling me for? If you respond to me, respond to my point.

I thought you were ignoring me anyway you gowl

So much for an olive branch. You have the right to abort this conversation