Advice on living in Dublin (ie. don't)

We’re moving back at the end of the year, Sep time.

Any good places to rent/live these days? Good value etc.

Any general advice on living in Dublin?

Starting to look into it now.

Any help greatly appreciated and if it’s any use I might put a few bob behind the bar at the 51 for a few of ye.

Do you have kids? How old are they?
Where do you think you will work - city centre?
How long of a commute will you tolerate?
How do you commute - will you drop kids on way?

Do you need to be near road to hit Cork for weekends?

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 891953, member: 273”]We’re moving back at the end of the year, Sep time.

Any help greatly appreciated and if it’s any use I might put a few bob behind the bar at the 51 for a few of ye.[/quote]

Superb news :clap: come home to settle a few grudges no doubt :clap:

Kev, some spas on here will be recommending Fingal and shitholes like that. If you want to be near the city centre. D2, D4, D6 are your only job on the southside, maybe Clontarf on the northside.

A bit further out Rathmines etc are okay.

Unfortunately these are all the most expensive places but they are that way for a reason.

If you give us some more details budget etc. I can be more specific

Depends on where you plan to be working

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 891953, member: 273”]

Any help greatly appreciated and if it’s any use I might put a few bob behind the bar at the 51 for a few of ye.[/quote]

look at Billy big balls out foreign for a wet week and already planning to come back and throw the cheddar around like snuff at a wake …

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 891953, member: 273”]We’re moving back at the end of the year, Sep time.

clontarf/killester/raheny would be perfect for you kev…,

Who is ‘we’, Kev?

Yeah. Don’t go near Howth, it’s a shithole.

Welcome home.

Tinnion has a room to rent.

+1

:clap:Great stuff Kev. The boom is back alright! As Julio said, D4, D2 or D6 are your best bet but depends where you’re working. Any of these places and near a DART or LUAS stop and you’ll be laughing.

My landlord does.

Discount on rent for personal training sessions.

Rent is sky high in Dublin these days Kev. Back at Celtic Tiger levels, maybe even above.

Dublin is a cunt-fest with a murder rate of one person every two days. It is also home to an amount of scum/junky filth, it houses the most corrupt government in Europe and you pay way over the odds for the pleasure of experiencing all that. The upside is some of my best online mates like @Bandage[/USER] and @[USER=1537]Horsebox live there, but that’s very little incentive to move there imo, unless you can secure a TFK AFC contract that is, that would change things immensely.

You coming back to coach one of these Kev? http://www.arfli.com/

D2, D4, D6 and D8 are full of hipster wankers and toffee nosed cunts and the rents are a laugh. Find somewhere a little edgy and that’s close to an Aldi or Lidl. I’m in East Wall, 100m from Aldi and I think it’s great.

The dream would be near the sea in Dalkey but you’d need to work out that way.

Just walked through town there actually. It’s a fucking filthy place full of fucking scumbags, so it is. I used to work up Parnell Square…god O’Connell Street would bring you down after a while. A hellhole.

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 891975, member: 6”]My landlord does.

Discount on rent for personal training sessions.

Rent is sky high in Dublin these days Kev. Back at Celtic Tiger levels, maybe even above.[/quote]
Thinly veiled Kev couldn’t afford my rent

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 891989, member: 129”]D2, D4, D6 and D8 are full of hipster wankers and toffee nosed cunts and the rents are a laugh. Find somewhere a little edgy and that’s close to an Aldi or Lidl. I’m in East Wall, 100m from Aldi and I think it’s great.

Just walked through town there actually. It’s a fucking filthy place full of fucking scumbags, so it is. I used to work up Parnell Square…god O’Connell Street would bring you down after a while. A hellhole.[/quote]

You either have to live with posh wankers or filthy knackers. Posh is the lesser of two evils.

To say the North side of the city centre is a shithole is a massive understatement.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 891989, member: 129”]D2, D4, D6 and D8 are full of hipster wankers and toffee nosed cunts and the rents are a laugh. Find somewhere a little edgy and that’s close to an Aldi or Lidl. I’m in East Wall, 100m from Aldi and I think it’s great.

Just walked through town there actually. It’s a fucking filthy place full of fucking scumbags, so it is. I used to work up Parnell Square…god O’Connell Street would bring you down after a while. A hellhole.[/quote]
That’s why you need to live on the southside thraw-load of wankers over here alright but the north inner city is a disgusting hellhole.