After Work Pints

A few pints after work is the big thing I miss about being in Dublin

2 Likes

No not anymore chief. Used to. Confined now to Only twice a week. ( when it’s raining and when it’s not)

1 Like

Proper glass

Would any of ye chance a handful of pints around lunchtime and head back to the office a bit tipsy ?

3 Likes

Good man brimmer.

Well, ah… I’ll wait for the opinion of the majority before I commit to saying anymore about a few of a Friday at lunchtime.

Nigh on impossible for me to have a few jars after work any more. Was sick with jealousy driving home from work on Monday watching all the fuckers outside the pubs having a few jars in the sunshine.

1 Like

me also
we finished early there last friday and i had 3 allright before picking up the young lad
we’ve a short enough spin around the backroads of North Kildare up to South Meath so it’s ok
you wouldnt see a gaurd anyway at that hour

3 Likes

As long as you’re a good driver there’s no problem there. Too many fucking checkpoints in Dublin to risk it, fucking Kinahan scum.

1 Like

yeah, 100%
ive a neighbour there , erra a nice fella now , single dad, you can see his 8 year daughter tho will be in a world of shit by 13, he goes in to collect her every friday from the ex , she lives in crumlin
now this fella has fallen on hard times, we gave him a table we had in the shed so he could sort out a bedroom for his daughter, i did a bit of wiring in his house also, he’d give me a can of fosters and tell me a few yarns
anyway he tells me he gets stopped in crumlin the other night, fine says I , Bangarda asks him where is the tax and insurance on the car, he tells her , sorry ma’am , i cant afford it, ive had none for 2 years, bangarda looks at him, tells him he is lucky she is not traffic corps and tells him to get it sorted our and walks away…
he proceeds to tell me, he is now paying some lad 400 euro to print him up and NCT, tax and insurance disk, he lives next door to the ex,
cool story i know…
anyway, i havent been stopped by a garda since i got back here in september 2014… lads in dublin, especially a fella in cherrywood tells me they are at that exit all the time

I’ve been stopped 3 times in the last month or so at checkpoints, don’t risk anything in Dublin at the moment.

Must be an inner city thing. Not seen a checkpoint in the leafy SoDu suburbs in years

Whereabouts Matty?

First time was visiting my aunt who is in Cappagh hospital in Finglas, next was driving through the Liberties and the most recent one was up at the canals near Dolphins Barn.

No real surprise in any of those locations.

I have moved on

I used to work out past Cappagh. Is that massive hardstand still there? Always horses running around wild on that road.

Least ye got a proper glass this time

2 Likes

Is that the big long plastic thing? It’s been removed, but the road is still a fecking kip. Big halting sites on either end of the road but a new estate has sprung up opposite the hospital and they’ve made an effort to tidy the road up.

:smile:

Hardstand is bog speak for a halting site. They’re still there so.

1 Like

Every day is school day on TFK :wink:

1 Like