Aintree 2011

Heading over for the Friday and Saturday of this.

Bluesea Cracker and Backstage my National fancies at the moment.

Would love Quevega, Binocular and Peddlers to show up for the 2m4f hurdle.

Peddlers Cross and Binocular feature among a fascinating list of 13 entries for Saturday’s John Smith’s Hurdle at Aintree.

Donald McCain’s star turn Peddlers Cross ran a huge race to fill the runner-up spot behind Hurricane Fly in the Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham, while last year’s champion Binocular had to miss the race after being treated for an allergy.

Binocular’s trainer, Nicky Henderson, has also entered Champion Hurdle third Oscar Whisky, as well as Zaynar.

McCain could saddle the front-running Overturn, while Willie Mullins’ sole entry is Thousand Stars.

Other interesting contenders include County Hurdle runner-up Get Me Out Of Here, the Paul Nicholls-trained Celestial Halo and Pat Rodford’s smart mare Sparky May.

Khyber Kim, Oscar Dan Dan, Ronaldo De Mottes and Salden Licht complete the possibles.

Tomorrow’s selections :

2.00 - Big Bucks / Grand Crus - forecast

2.30 - Zarkander / Grandouet - reverse forecast

3.05 - Denman

3.40 - Turko

4.15 - Mamlook

4.50 - Medermit

5.25 - Problema Tic

Suppose I better post in here so you don’t get lonely DB! Any opinion on Carlito tomorrow?

Cheers Mac !!!

Ah he’s up against it isn’t he ? Might run into 3rd but can’t see him getting near the big two

It’s hard to know to be honest. I doubt anyone (Elliott included) expected what happened in the Coral Cup especially having been beaten prior to that. I’d have no doubt he’ll get the trip as 2m5f around Cheltenham is as good as 3m or so around Aintree IMO. Just wondering if he’s turned a corner now and has a chance of starting to turn into the horse most people thought he would after he won in Christmas '09. Must be frustrating to have a horse with his ability but having him blowing so hot and cold so often.

Totally forgot about Aintree and it starting tomorrow. Just had a look at the card and there are some big names out, must start studying it…

Tomorrow is the day Punchestowns becomes a proper animal over fences, mark my words!

Would tend to agree. Flat track should help him as well. Denman is far too short for me to have much of an interest in him.

The Coral wasn’t that unexpected - there was a few hefty wagers laid !!!

He will have his conditions tomo and can see him running admirably but Big Bucks is a freak and also think Aintree will suit Grand Crus too.

Will not be hugely surprised if Grand Crus reverses Cheltenham form with BB

Eh there’s been a thread on here about it since last weekend !!!

Ground is perfect and Nicky Henderson has had this in mind, skipping Cheltenham to meet a ‘weak’ field here. 6s is huge. My only bet of the day and it will be a proper old style cash wager.

If Chemical Nicky has given him the correct dosage, you could be right !!!

I’m expecting Willie TD to make a mess of the race on Baby Run tomorrow again and think Kanesh is huge value at 25s or possibly more tomorrow. Comprehensively beaten by Backstage on his second last run but I can’t leave him go at that price. Am sure he’ll run a stinker now!

:unsure: :blink: <_< :smiley:

I’ve just done an EW lucky 15 for tomorrow and that should see me through the day

Carlito Brigante 10s
Punchestowns 5s
Kanesh 25s
Mamlook 6s

Think I might just fuck 50 quid on Big Bucks and bet away if he wins and pack it in if he loses.

Is fenway gone?

Need to be careful backing Che horses at aintree, esp if they have had a hard race…

Cant see Grand Crus beating Big Bucks unless Scudamore can time his run to get his nose in front at the line…Ruby wont drop the whip again

Ferdie Murphy has an interesting running in the 2m chase, beggars cap, he thinks a lot of this animal but he has had training problems, his first time in 3 years getting 3 runs into him and i tool 7/1 last night (place) which was big if he is right…

Elliots Russian War looks like a chancey type. Won 2 bumpers and was 2nd in his 3rd to General Miller (Hendersons Grade 1 novice from last year). He also won a 2.5 mile handicap in Che in Oct on Firm. Already been money 16->12s

Are they showing this anywhere besides RUK?

Usually show it on BBC Dunph