AirBnB

No.

@balbec will hole you up in Poland till the dust settles.

Massive money in this in the right places…the inevitable clamp down is coming though as it has become a national story.

proper order too.

For a fee

Agreed mate…heard of lads making 40-50k a year profit after paying rent in temple bar/harcourt st.

1 Like

What’s the gist of this? Has he been ‘exposed’ as an Airbnb provider?

Corkness.

Where else?

Cork

51 listings :hushed:

I got a loft conversion here in Brooklyn for myself and Fintan with a lad off AirBnB, its the greatest holiday of my life so far, the standard is off the charts, they have 5g here

3 Likes

Cocaine?

2 Likes

Any way of referring him to revenue I wonder?

Dont Revenue already work directly with airbnb to ensure all earnings through them are declared.

I’m not sure the extent of the details provided by Airbnb, it may just be any the details of Irish-based landlords to ensure that they are registered rather than actual details of income (I’m not sure).

As is pointed out, yer man Paul is likely just the face of an agency and is hardly reporting all that income on his own tax return anyway. Not that that makes it better.

I don’t know. There was also an announcement about limiting short term rentals in rent pressure zones I think (seems obvious, why it couldn’t have been some years ago I don’t know) but it’s not in effect yet.

If air bnb make the payment to the landlords then revenue will have amounts. Wait a while for interest and penalties to clock up if anybody not paying tax.