All England Lawn Tennis Championship 2023

As usual you’re being found out on tennis related matters. The politics of grass court tennis are disgusting, an insidious little organisation.

Centre Court is ready. The excitement is building, roll on Monday.

2 Likes

It looks immaculate.

Must take a stroll up later. The world cup and Olympics of tennis rolled into one

1 Like

I’ve seen better lawns in council estates.

Even the outside courts are immaculate. What a sight that is.

3 Likes

Just wait until they let the giraffes in for grazing.

1 Like

There’s no where like it

1 Like

No competition like it either.

1 Like

Anyone taller than Nishikori.

Up there up with boat race as a spectacle. No one does sporting events with global significance like the English.
The pomp, the colour, the history.
Magnificent.

5 Likes

Royal ascot in June and Wimbledon in July. The great British summer. I still have no tickets for Wimbledon mind.

1 Like

The pageantry and protocol, its unreal

3 Likes

Good to see some of the tennis community rounding on Wimbledon and their trickery.

Have you figured out how the draw works yet?

Yes, it has already been decided that Nadal will go on the Djokovic side of the draw. You will see on Friday.

Very handy draw for Djokovic. Should ease to the final. Only Tsitsipas capable of troubling him along the way.

Much tougher route for Nadal with Kyrgios, Shapovalov, Cilic, Thiem and Federer along the way.

So you were wrong here.

Huh. They have basically given Nadal the toughest route possible to the semi, a former finalist in R4, the world no 4 in the quarters, a former quarter finalist in R2. He’s unlikely to make the semis I feel.