All hail Robbie Keane

The only criticism I’d level at Keane is that I think it’s shameful that he doesn’t still do the celebration that he did at the start of his career.

:clap::clap:

thats class alright

i left work early today in a 'tired and emotional" state as last night hanging over me like a black cloud.
Part of me this morning still did not want to believe we had not got thru, i was going out for a fag and coffee and replaying the moment i jumped accross the kitchen, ran out to the balcony and let a roar out of me accross the med when keane scored last night.
it all came rushing back, japan 2002, saipan, hugging my old man when the same player put the ball past oliver kahn in 2002, my dad on the floor praying in front of the TV on a midsummers night in 1990 against the dutch, then Bonner snarled at the TV, thumped it downfield, Rijkaaard fucked up that backpass Barry van Aerle and Quinn snuck in, simple times…

the tension last night was unbearable, its fucking awful on your own trying to endure that…

i cried last night at the end, the look on Duff’s face was too much for me, Given standing in front of the fans at the end like a giant, i can see why the donal og types voted him their #1 a few years back… :slight_smile: Keith Andrews disconsolate on the half way line

i still cannot believe we are out.
i was in no mood today for the fuckin jews.
thankfully its thursday and im going on the piss tonite…

It wasn’t a blatant dive. There was contact but he did look for it.

Another feature of his early goal celebrations was not celebrating against his former clubs. Maybe he’s just played for nearly everyone now :smiley:

[quote=“mickee321”]i left work early today in a 'tired and emotional" state as last night hanging over me like a black cloud.
Part of me this morning still did not want to believe we had not got thru, i was going out for a fag and coffee and replaying the moment i jumped accross the kitchen, ran out to the balcony and let a roar out of me accross the med when keane scored last night.
it all came rushing back, japan 2002, saipan, hugging my old man when the same player put the ball past oliver kahn in 2002, my dad on the floor praying in front of the TV on a midsummers night in 1990 against the dutch, then Bonner snarled at the TV, thumped it downfield, Rijkaaard fucked up that backpass Barry van Aerle and Quinn snuck in, simple times…

the tension last night was unbearable, its fucking awful on your own trying to endure that…

i cried last night at the end, the look on Duff’s face was too much for me, Given standing in front of the fans at the end like a giant, i can see why the donal og types voted him their #1 a few years back… :slight_smile: Keith Andrews disconsolate on the half way line

i still cannot believe we are out.
i was in no mood today for the fuckin jews.
thankfully its thursday and im going on the piss tonite…[/quote]

a bit ott - :rolleyes:

that fine, i respect your opinion.
when i see irish lads using the phrase “i support” in relation to united, l’pool, arsenal, etc i also react with :rolleyes:

When i hear that some are emotionally affected by these franchises on a saturday afternoon and sometimes even travel to watch them as its “their” team, i would refer to this as “a bit ott”

He cheated.

[quote=“mickee321”]that fine, i respect your opinion.
when i see irish lads using the phrase “i support” in relation to united, l’pool, arsenal, etc i also react with :rolleyes:

When i hear that some are emotionally affected by these franchises on a saturday afternoon and sometimes even travel to watch them as its “their” team, i would refer to this as “a bit ott”[/quote]

:clap:

Favourite Robbie Keane goals?

I always liked the finish at home to Israel under Kerr when they threw away a 2-0 lead. His 2 goals in Amsterdam were a bit class - the header under McCarthy is always remembered but the individual goal in the friendly prior to the Dutch heading off to Euro 2004 was special. The Germany goal in the World Cup was a great moment for him. His goal last night was almost 10 years to the day he was slamming home a goal against Turkey in a play-off tie for Euro 2000. What a servant.

The goal against Germany - by some distance. Probably the closest I ever came to crying over football.

[quote=“Bandage”]Favourite Robbie Keane goals?

I always liked the finish at home to Israel under Kerr when they threw away a 2-0 lead. His 2 goals in Amsterdam were a bit class - the header under McCarthy is always remembered but the individual goal in the friendly prior to the Dutch heading off to Euro 2004 was special. The Germany goal in the World Cup was a great moment for him. His goal last night was almost 10 years to the day he was slamming home a goal against Turkey in a play-off tie for Euro 2000. What a servant.[/quote]

did he score in a play off againt belgium a few year back? funny how he alway does it on the big occasion but ill have to go for that german goal in the WC

Roy keane is Ireland’s greatest ever player…the man carried ireland from the engine room…robbie keane is a talent but nowhere near the driving force that roy was…how many important goals have ireland really scored considering we haven’t qualified for anything in 7 years?..two words regarding international goalscorers in qualifiers - David Healy…defo takes the gloss off it in my book…

alan mcloughlin was better than roy keane ffs

Throwing out one other name hardly takes the gloss off Robbie’s feats. In fairness, they missed out on several tournaments with Roy Keane in the engine room too and there’s not much more Robbie could have done in qualifying - 6 result affecting goals over the campaign.

roy keane carried Ireland through the important games last time Ireland managed to qualify for an actual tournament…end of poundage…

[quote=“Bandage”]Favourite Robbie Keane goals?

I always liked the finish at home to Israel under Kerr when they threw away a 2-0 lead. His 2 goals in Amsterdam were a bit class - the header under McCarthy is always remembered but the individual goal in the friendly prior to the Dutch heading off to Euro 2004 was special. The Germany goal in the World Cup was a great moment for him. His goal last night was almost 10 years to the day he was slamming home a goal against Turkey in a play-off tie for Euro 2000. What a servant.[/quote]

Goal against Turkey in the play offs.

Got a chance in the box, dug it out of his feet and stuck it away. We had struggled so long for strikers at that time - you knew that this lad was the real deal.

I would put last night’s goal up there with my favourites.

well it makes as much sense as keane scoring against belguim in a playoff back in the day i suppose so keep going…:rolleyes:

belgium/turkey meh - both teams played a 4-1-2-1-2 system - i remember formations a clear as days - players teams scores etc are of secondary importance to me

No, not really.

We would have had a penalty shoot out in Iran but for Robbie Keane’s goal in the first leg.

Roy Keane was back in Cheshire for the second leg having pretended he was injured.