All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Thats about as classic mayo as you’ll ever see.

Few lads writing their obituaries earlier looking silly now.

They’ll win fuck all still mind

3 Likes

Who’ll beat Mayo in the final this year I wonder?

Will Ryan O’Donoghue be back for later in the Championship? I know Conroy is gone.

I’m reverting to the cheasty defence.

Tim O’Leary says he is out for the year so based on that he should be fit for the quarter-final.

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Ah yeah he’d a bad night maybe more than being a bad keeper ,if he’d ducks they’d drown … think Mayo are just finding a different forward to keep them at the same level more than improving them … just like dubs last year it was poor misses that had them behind at half time more than them being outplayed … again the diagonal ball, like the one for Tyrone’s goal last year , still causes havoc ,Daniel Flynn caught a dangerous one and really should have worked a goal …

Difficult to see Mayo beating either Kerry or Dublin. I guess they will be hoping for Derry. That’s definitely a winnable game for them.

I think that was in response to this. Strange chap.

I like the cut of this Tim O’Leary chaps jib

The quarter-final draw will tell a lot.

Mayo with two tough games under their belt are in a good position to take out Dublin or Kerry in a quarter-final especially if they could get O’Donoghue back but taking out both seems a bridge too far.

Hoping for a Derry v Mayo quarter-final which would be a brilliant pairing in and of itself but also to pad out the strength between the two halves of the draw.

If Mayo got to a semi-final against Galway I’d strongly fancy them.

Tim was giving out to a Mayo mate of mine over getting banned from Boards.ie last week

I dunno. Derry would severely limit the number of shots they would get off and they are so inaccurate. Mayo are more chaos is a ladder types. Derry wouldn’t be having any chaos.

Can they get Galway again? Repeat match ups were allowed this round

Thought someone here said it’s only provincial finalists that can’t meet again

That would make sense. Galway would be the draw for Mayo so

Roddy Doyle used to write about how he’d go to the toilet in an attempt to provoke an equaliser when Ireland were losing.

Mayo supporters’ modus operandi is to provoke comebacks by putting out tweets saying they’ve already lost.

Sky analysis was superb. Especially the Hession blockf on Daniel Flynn. RTE analysis probably wouldnt have picked up on that turning point and if they did it would have amounted to something like Mayo wanting it more.

2 Likes

It appears his posts have all been deleted. Less volatile people than him have been banned from Boards though, so it’s not really a surprise considering his Twitter antics.

Yeah 11-6 at that stage. If Flynn had scored the goal there it would have felt like game over. Mayo go down the field and haul it back to 11-7. I’d fancy them to beat Galway. I have a feeling they’ll draw them too.

1 Like

The talk seems to be that Mayo can’t draw Galway?

We need Darren Frehill to sort this one out.

2 Likes