All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

A bad day at HQ. We’ll come prepared.

His name is Mattie too for good measure

1 Like

Bring the sandwiches and a flask of tae.

Galway is a magical county

Interestingly PJ has made more out of the Connie lads then KW ever did, try as he might. Thats actually key to Galway football doing well

1 Like

Yeah he had to pick someone out alright. In theory you could have a Gary Lineker type receive his first card in his career for a brawl he wasn’t really involved in and not only that but it ends up being a red. Luckily for Sean Kelly red carded players can receive all-stars nowadays. Will he miss the semi? The captain decision was probably the most logical way of solving it to be fair.

Connie?

Kelly will get off, he didn’t contribute to a melee and the video evidence shows that

1 Like

The hands that built America

2 Likes

How is it logical ?

1 Like

Connemara folk.

1 Like

Of course.

Walsh tried to destroy Galway’s soul.

Also any team with a bit of cop on will be naming joint captains after that, with one of them a sacrificial lamb if it comes to it.

2 Likes

A second captain?

I should have held my ground with my original opinion that it was illogical and madness. A double pivot. I agree with you that it was very harsh on two alright sorts like Nugent and Kelly. I have a friend who worked with Nugent and said he’s a gent. Not that kind of player.

A Lee Chin/Matthew O’ Hanlon type arrangement from the Davy era.

Is Rian O’Neill not joint captain for Armagh?

He is

Sending off the captain as a compromise is ludicrous.

Chief among them being the obvious grave injustice of someone being punished for doing fuck all.

It’s a recognition that the officiating team could have sent off about 20 players as a result of a chaotic situation where it is impossible to see any more than a small fraction of what has happened.

It’s a recognition in practical terms they cannot do that, because that’s the end of the match.

It’s a recognition that the officiating team are effectively officiating blind, but also that players have to go.

Coldrick and his team were left in an impossible position. Anything they did would be piled on by the experts of social media.