All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

The best time to write these pieces is in a state of severe hungoverness.

Every piece Roy writes is comically and performatively over the top in its lacrimosity.

But occasionally that over the topness is in fact not over the top.

The audio clips in this report are smashing

Not quite. Rahoon Newcastle has been around a long time and has always been predominantly hurling as far as I can recall. Likewise Carnmore. Ahascragh Fohenagh was also a hurling force back in the 1950s, and currently has two senior intercounty hurlers in its ranks.

You also have Padraig Pearses, which was founded in the 1960s when Ballymacward and Gurteen amalgamated. Cyril Donnellan is a recent notable player, but he would have been a bit of a mullocker and not a patch on Francis O’Brien, who played in the 1990s. O’Brien was a hard-working and really skillful hurler who won an All-Ireland U21 with Galway in 1991.

11 Likes

Great to see you back old stock

1 Like

What’s the craic with Sylane hurling club? Seems to be in the heart of football country

I’m fairly sure it’s in the parish of Cummer, the same as Corofin. Was formed back in the 1980s, and I’ve heard that one of the founding members was a Mayo man. God help us.

2 Likes

Darragh thinks its all a fairytale. The Kerry industrial media complex are in full flow

1 Like

Galway are beauty

We’ve waited too long to have two proper footballing counties in the final. The purists simply can’t lose.

Neither will Galway you’d feel

This Final will be therapeutic for the game of football

RHN always hurling.

Hey guys
You can watch the full game of the Connacht Final here

Seanies kick was a easily better than o neills. By the time o neill finished moving the ball forward it was barely outside the 45, nearly ten metres closer than where the foul was.

:clap: :clap:

12 Likes

Iconic

1 Like

It is understood “A Year ‘Til Sunday” creator Pat Comer, Galway sub goalkeeper in 1998 & current goalkeeping coach, has been filming around the team again.

He was also spotted doing the same at the Cork-Kerry Munster semi-final in Páirc Uí Rinn back in May, where Galway coach Cian O’Neill was also in attendance.

@Lazarus - it’s meant to be :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

They don’t make em like Micko anymore

Very magnanimous. Thought the dubs were too last weekend. Just shows the type of temperament the greats have. Kiely and Cody are very gracious in defeat too.

Don’t forget The Hucklebuck.

5 Likes

Something i’m going to re-create next weekend.

A doc that had absolutely everything going for it

6 Likes