All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Gotcha.

To clarify the format for the All-Ireland football championship 2022:

There is provision for a preliminary qualifier round on May 21st - if a team from Divisions 3 or 4 reaches a provincial final.

Tipperary, Cavan, Westmeath and Wicklow are the only four remaining teams with a chance of doing so.

This is against the explicit advice as to the format from a League Sunday panel from some weeks back.

1 Like

And Limerick or do the rules make them a de facto Division 2 team now?

My understanding is that the provision for a preliminary round is to avoid the situation where Limerick and possibly another team who will play in Division 2 next year, ie. Louth, are forced into the Tailteann Cup by a team who will play in Division 3 or 4 next year.

I’m still unaware of what format the Tailteann Cup itself will take, probably because I have no interest whatsoever in it.

1 Like

Leitrim?

Nah! We’ll make the Connacht final but I’m afraid you’ll have our measure there.
Of course were we to succumb to Galway then it’s the secondary competition….

This is crackling up very nicely.

Ref keeping Tyrone alive in this one.

Ref just ignored a clear foul on the Derry player there. They scored anyway but ffs like.

Superb score taking from Derry.

Gallagher going buck ape on the sidelines
PASSION

Harsh enough

Tyrone indiscipline. How very unexpected

Very harsh. But it summed up how Derry have been getting in Tyrone’s faces and how Tyrone have let themselves be needled.

Penalty Derry. If this goes in, stick a fork in Tyrone.

Goal. Emphatic finish by Shane McGuigan.

I remember the 06 game. A bleak encounter.

You called Derry winning this game a while back I think didn’t you? @peddlerscross with his finger on the pulse of Ulster football as usual too hyping up Derry before this.

Gaelic football will save the summer.

Don’t think I made a prediction but I would have given Derry a decent chance coming into this. A totally different team from a few years ago. Shows what can happen when you suddenly decide to give a shit.

That performance they gave against Donegal last year was excellent and they were very unlucky.

They have some totemic players and really good movement.

A good manager can do wonders

Nice little dunt on gallagher there

1 Like