All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Surely Kerry 97 is the gold standard in soft All-Ireland’s?

2 Likes

Any Kerry All Ireland win against Mayo is tied in second place

They can, completely open draw between qualifier winners & provincial losers

Lots to like about that Armagh team. They had a great league but as we have seen that is not a guarantee of future performance. They fell flat in Ulster championship but squandered a lot of opportunities again Donegal and I didnt think final scoreline was representative of amount of play they had that day. You could argue the same today. They have a lovely directness and exuberance about them. Surely there is a place for Murnan in that full forward line. Not many teams will relish facing them. Delighted for McGeeney too.

Or Cork

FFS sake

World’s most predictable draw.

Tailteann Cup Croke Park 19th June
Westmeath v Offaly
Sligo v Cavan

Round 2 Qualifiers
Roscommon v Clare
Limerick v Cork
Kildare v Mayo
Donegal v Armagh

Boring enough draw, all even enough games but nothing too novel. Winners of Limerick and Cork will be top of everyones wish list you’d imagine.

Tough draw for Donegal. Could be another early casualty

Double header in HQ ?

Mayo vs Kildare and Donegal vs Armagh

Bye, bye Bonner.

Donegal beat Armagh handy enough the last day and made them look absolutely clueless, if they have any interest in a qualifier run I’d expect them to do the same again.

Yeah but Armagh have definitely improved since then whereas Donegal are still going with the same taxtic of running up one sideline to see if they can get McBrearty, Brennan, Murphy, Langan or McHugh free for an unchallenged shot. If not they kickbit back to midfield and go up the other side until they lose possession.

If Armagh are able to ser their defence up quickly and avoid conceding two goals they’ll win.

Yesterdays game is the only one Armagh have had since the Donegal defeat, and I’d very dubious about the level of opposition they faced. On his way to scoring his 2nd point the Armagh keeper went through a tackle from O’Neill that was the most pathetic attempt at a tackle I think iv ever seen in an intercounty game.

That’s a great draw for Limerick,they couldn’t have got better.

1 Like

Not a bad draw at all for Clare. If they got someone like Galway in the quarters, they could realistically make semis in both codes this season

That’s what Jim McGuinness used to refer to ss a ‘hope you miss’ tackle.

I just don’t see any momentum, or even any kind of playing style other than what I alluded to previously, in this Donegal side. They coukd easily catch fire next day and start to cut inside and rattle the net a few times to get their heads up but I just can’t see it.

I thought that Armagh used the time since tge Donegal game to sort out their issues, regardless if what the opposition was like yesterday.

1 Like

Dates, times and venues prediction:

Riscommon v Clare 4pm Saturday in Galway
Kildare v Mayo 6pm Saturday in Galway
Kerry v Wexford 6pm Saturday in Tralee
Limerick v Cork 7pm Saturday in Thurles
Antrim v Cork 2pm Sunday in Fortress Corrigan Park
Donegal v Armagh 4pm Sunday in Omagh

Room for a very attractive double header if they play Limerick v Cork in Tralee, which they should.

1 Like

Any chance of Killarney for the big Munster clash?

Tralee would seem to be the obvious venue but I’m betting the the CCCCC will want to pick a venue they can be sure will hold the crowd of 1,500 so will opt for Thurles.

RTE scheduled to have two qualifers on Sunday afternoon while sky have two on Saturday evening.

1 Like

I’d agree with you about Donegal, a really poorly coached team. But I’m not sure on your assessment of Armagh at all, they would have been preparing all winter for the Donegal game and were clueless come the big day, nothing from McGeeney time there suggests they are likely to have addressed their issues in the 6 weeks since. No guarantee though that Donegal won’t throw in the towel and tackle like Tyrone did yesterday either. It won’t take a lot to win that game.

1 Like