All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Wexford ladies footballers were in a senior All-Ireland final in 1986 trying to prevent Kerry winning a 5 in a row judging by GAA Gold on TG4. Informative. Didn’t realise Wexford had such tradition in ladies football.

1 Like

Mag Doherty playing?

In those days if you could get 15 women to tog out you were nearly guaranteed an all Ireland appearance

1 Like

That all Ireland gold programme this evening was great. The highlight being the clip of Joe McNally fighting against the Australians.

Anyone of a certain vintage will have recreated that with Joe in Colossos

@peddlerscross what would you think of them resurrecting a band parade before the All Ireland. It could leave from O’Connell St and march to the stadium with a throng following on behind. It would really add to the sense of occasion.

6 Likes

Christ, do you know what you’ve just done…

That would be amazing.

I think the AFL have something similar the day before with both teams parading on open top buses. It brings great razzmatazz to Grand Final weekend.

I suppose Tipp do the Sean Treacy Memorial on Talbot Street at 12 noon on AI Final day but unfortunately no other county has our rich heritage and tradition.

2 Likes

Austin Stacks received great praise from the national media for something like this back around 2014. Added a big game feel to proceedings.

1 Like

Imagine marching from that behind the Sean Tracey Pipe Band to Croke Park

1 Like

I think the Friday before is an official bank or public holiday in Melbourne

1 Like

Away and fuck, that was a some pile of wank, lead by another pile of wank. Sorry Bill.

Liam Sheedy could clap them up the street

11 Likes

Once some half baked Croke Park committee full of wankers proposes it I’m sure you’ll be all over it.

2 Likes

A march lead by a hape of stooks with drums? I’ll be in the pub, ye head on there with yer bobble heads.

The just stop oil brigade would have soup all over te before ye even got going

Drinking is for mugs.

Lightweight.

They definitely should resurrect the tradition of the throw-in being facilitated by a flock of fellas in frocks who then need to eject themselves with great haste from proceedings as skin and ash goes flying.

The were tearing back to All Hollows to fiddle with some of the seminarians

1 Like