All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Was it Sparrow had the ‘tactic’ of waiting in the bushes until the last run and passing them all like Yifter?

I’ve said it before, we may as well discount all All Ireland titles before the 90’s, it was barely a sport.

I’d imagine you’ll probably end up saying it a good few more times.

It wouldn’t be like me to repeat myself.

1 Like

+1

he revolutionised, fitness, diet and tactics

Flesh that out a bit there Einstein

Seanie Leary came on with a belly on him like Brian Cowen. And scored a goal.

2 Likes

Thank God they didn’t show the 1983 Munster Final.

There was a cross field gale force wind the day of the 83 Final, all the play nearly ended up in the Nally Stand corner of the Hogan Stand. Billy Fitzpatrick was the real match winner for Kilkenny.

Not sure if I ever saw footage of the 83 Munster Final or if I found it that I’d watch it.

Seanie was considered very large in his own day to be fair, was his kidney condition a contributing factor in the later years? But he was some man to score a goal, he’d probably still do the job now although a corner forward who never steps past the 21 wouldn’t fit many systems.

Or 1982.

Real Gaelic football.

1 Like

The greatest game ever.

1 Like

That was wonderful.

My childhood.

Cork.

All Irelands.

2 Likes

A truly awesome occasion. I still feel privileged to have attended both that semi-final and the drawn Ulster final at Croke Park that year, and I strongly expect I’ll feel that way for the rest of my life.

Sadly I was in Mallorca for the All-Ireland final but I made sure I had my Tyrone jersey on in the pub watching it and goaded the fuck out of a group of Kerry people during the second half of it.

1 Like

I think a Wexford-Tipperary Tommy Murphy Cup Final was the curtain raiser to that 2005 semi-final. It* was a spellbinding game.

*Tyrone-Armagh now, not Wexford-Tipperary.

Declan Browne’s crowning glory.

1 Like

Sean Cavanagh was unreal that day.

Armagh made some balls of it in truth

Don’t be silly mate, All Ireland Minor and Intermediate Hurling Championships, McGrath Cup, Munster Minor Football Championship, South Tipperary trout tickling championship all > tommy murphy cup.

1 Like