All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Correct. There were two O’Connor ‘blow ins’ hurling for the Village for a lot of the 80’s and early 90’s. James O’Connor, Duffry Rovers (who hurled for Wexford in the 1984 and 1988 Leinster finals) lived in Kilkenny and played for the Village for a good few years as well.

Twenty years later I’m still getting outraged at the incompetence of that Tipperary cunt Willie Barrett.

what kind of hurler was brian greene?..don’t really remember him

Quick, very good. Spent a lot of his prime in the States.

Think I got married the day of that match.

1 Like

Was it this game or the replay that was the same day France beat Brazil in the world cup final?

This game

Waterford Limerick AI SF 2007

Will they show Richie post match I wonder? More famous than the match at this stage

Brian Begley probably had the two best games of his life against Waterford.

1 Like

You talking about 01 as well?

Yeah. Couldn’t handle him at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LvAdrw43NA

Donie Ryan, what a finish!

I was informed Bobby Ryan played in an all Ireland senior final where he didn’t handle the ball once in the whole game. true?

Only the mistake from Mark O’Riordan when he was just onto the field gave Waterford a lifeline. All in all Limerick made shit of them that day. A sad end for what was a very entertaining team.

I don’t know but suburban legend has it that Matt Gallagher didn’t kick the ball (as opposed to handling it) in the 1992 All-Ireland football final. I think this is untrue though.

Lawlor, Ollie Moran, Shaughs, Begley, Dodge, Reale, Lucey and Hickey were all unbelievable that day. Some display from Limerick who were well and truly written off after the Munster Final

Even sadder to think that that was Limericks only victory over a “traditional hurling county” at Cooke Park since 73

To be honest Lk filleted them in the first 10 and last 5 . Waterford probably played better hurling that day overall . The WD line was that this was an ambush and we were denied a great final . The reality is that if an average Lk team could hit them for 5 the thought of Kk going at them was scary .

And so it can to pass 12 months later .

1 Like

That wasn’t the end, it was just the beginning

2 Likes