All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Starting now

Settling down to watch this now.

Super start to this. Was working in England for it, never seen the whole game before.

Pretty much continues for 70 minutes…in terms of intensity one of the best I have seen, both teams left everything on the field that day…When you see the shite lads were talking about Galway V Tipp this year being an out and out classic yet a real good contest like this never gets a mention…Cathal Naughton made a name for himself in this game

Donal ogs finest hour and the day he first wore the red contacts

I know yeah, he scored 1-2 or something. I’ve seen the highlights loads of times but it’s not the same. Jerry O’Connor and Tom Kenny were some partnership back then. Nobody could deal with them.

I don’t know what ye are on about lads, most people i know think that game was the pinnacle of the Cork-Waterford thing, that or the draw in '07 (i think Corks hurling had dropped in '07 though). I wouldn’t say its under rated at all, just other games are over rated.

Hurling has gone so shit a game like Galway-Tipp is always going to get a good reaction. Up to that point this year it was far better than anything else we’d seen, IMO.

Fairly nifty dance by Niall McCarthy which resulted in a “phuc amach”.

Savage intensity to this so far. In terms of out and out hurling quality I’d have the 2007 games ahead of it.

The first Offaly-Galway game was an epic. Didn’t see the replay properly but it was supposed to be pretty good as well.

Corcoran was a great option for Cork in a team that was otherwise not set up for the long ball at all.

Kev

For my money the most under rated game was the 2003 Munster Final which was an absolute cracker.

Again, don’t think it was under rated either, thought it was excellent always, most of the games were.

The Tipp-Galway game this year easily matched this game in intensity by the way, whatever about the hurling.

I would venture that this has been less than classic fare so far. Second half was much better in my memory.

Very tense alright. Often they are better than the shoot outs though. I found the Munster u21 final last year to be a much better game than the Galway one. Nice to see scores hard earned. Quality of the hurling in general was better in '07 alright.

Sean Og O’hAilpin has always been very prone to fluffing sideline cuts for a supposed master of the art.

I’d love to see a copy of the ‘Brick Walsh - winter 06’ training programme

All things considered that was a super first touch there from Naughton…

Speaking of first touches Mullane’s has come on some amount since 2006…

That bit of filth never left Waterford either. The amount of childish swipes they’ve had at Cork players over the course of the game. Biggest sign of mental weakness you’ll ever see.

Townie mentality…