All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

1995 final on. Christ the game has changed.

1. Hurls a lot longer and lighter
  2. Actual grass
  3. Plenty of ground hurling :smiley:

Different game altogether win it and just drive it forward

That was arguably the worst AI of all time – maybe after Tipp v Antrim.

Would you class it as a soft All Ireland for Clare?

The GAA have videos up of all the All Ireland’s back to 1961 on the GAA archive site. I watched the video of the 2008 Final there this morning. Thankfully they only had about 7 minutes of it. First time I’d seen it on a screen. It was terrible.

https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/295531

It’s only a few minutes highlights for each one as far as I can tell.
Clicked the 67 hurling final last night and all there was was 5 odd minutes.
Why not throw the full games up?

You can watch the entire games in the museum reading room. I think they had these highlights packages to view in the museum anyway.

informative rating :+1:

Cork Galway 2008 on eirsport here.

Ogie just sent off there.

Sean Og very lucky there. Wedged the butt of his Hurley into a Galway fellas helmet.

Was loughnane managing Galway ??

He was. The famed Galway hurling temperament on full view there.

1 Like

He promised too much on taking the job . Reminded me of eamon Gilmore at 2011 general election . Both made without considering the respective straitjackets of the Galway hurling mentality & an IMF programme.

Ger didn’t respect all that the lads had achieved at minor level, the brainless cunt. How could it work.

2 Likes

This is on TG4 now

What ever happened that Wayne McCarthy who made a hash of every free he took that day? I never recall him playing for Dublin

He lives in Meath, big into greyhounds I heard

Turfed out when Lyons arrived. Bizarre how he got in as he never did the biz at club level and soft as shite. Pencil legs.

Heavily involved in the Irish Greyhound Board now.