All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Indeed. As you’d always say for them to hear you “don’t worry about that stuff, that’s how his father used to quieten his aul lady”

Madness from Ken McGrath for that last free. Joe Deane of all people.

Shanahan’s crossfield ball for McGrath’s point and Curran’s catch going backwards were some pieces of skill and vision

Another couple of super bits of fielding in the last couple of minutes by Curran

Why was Mullane competing for that puckout with Curran though?

That was the game Waterford had to win in fairness. Just about not good enough in the end.

Shanahan for whatever reason will not go down as one of the greats with most hurling fans but at his 2004-2007 best there were few, if any, better than him. Brilliant creator as well as scorer as that point showed.

Those scenes at the end were fairly stark. That Waterford team in fairness to them will be remembered, they had a charisma that Cork and Kilkenny never had and were bigger box office than either of them could ever hope to be.

Think you’ll find Cha and Lynger dealt with them around 4 weeks after this particular match

Ah to be fair Cork had plenty of charisma too. Kilkenny on the other hand nearly killed hurling they were so boring.

Being a shower of cunts doesn’t count as charisma.

+1

Waterford and Cork from 2007 about to come on now, not sure whether it is the draw or replay

The draw. Superb game.

i can see limerick and clare jersies in the crowd puke so it must be the first game as those 2 were on before it.
the replay was played with the KK / wex AI semi final as the curtain raiser !!!,i always remember they didnt play amhran na bhfiann before the semi final even it was considered such a non event and only about 20k ppl in the stadium before its started, most lads stayed in the boozer and treated it like a minor game which KK won at a canter…

Yip, Limerick hockeyed us in the game before this one…Remember being up at it, don’t think we stayed for this match…Can remember very little about it, did Waterford get a late penalty/goal to draw it…

A young Bernard Gaffney kissed goodbye to his Clare career in Copperfacejacs that night

He was absolutely fucking useless that day. Possibly the worst performance I ever saw a Clare player give. We were hopeless in general the same day.

they did.
cork were about 5 up and home and dry with 2 minutes to go in this and i remember waterford got a dodgy semi penalty after our goal tender was accused of “lying” on the ball… an awful schimozzle ensued
i remember eoin mcgrath saved this game for waterford , he may have got the equalising scores,

High direct balls down on top of a Deane/Fraggie/Ronan full forward line… :rolleyes:

That Tom Kenny score summed up why Marty is a shot commentator. Absolutely incredible score and he barely acknowledges it. Then he reels out some dull wikipedia shite. Brutal.

Him lepping around Javcks with his jersey still on him that night and acting like a dick didn’t endear him to a few of the seasoned lads…It is alleged that he got a phone call off a senior player a few days later and was torn a new one

Fucking legend.

50 minutes in and Ronan Currna has been anonymous, hasn’t touched the ball…Ken absoluetely lording it