All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Flatty has lost it.

4 Likes

You’ve to have it to lose it

He got cynically tripped by Harte and retaliated by pushing and got sent off on a second yellow. I’ll be very surprised if the red card is not rescinded.

Is retaliation not at least a yellow card offence?

Hard not to agree with this really…

Cork’s All Ireland to lose you’d have to say

In fairness it would be a victory for pure hurling and not the pseudo-football antics of the other contenders

2 Likes

They need to find a full back line

“Currently Cork and Tipp remain the two teams most likely to be competing for the All-Ireland title”.

Yeah - but Cork have the best midfield pairing in the country right now in Cooper and Fitzgibbon …

2 Likes

Conor Whelan and Jason Flynn should both have received straight red cards against Wexford, but we didn’t complain about it.

3 Likes

They’re not the greatest full back line but they’re not too bad at all. Most teams will think they can exploit aspects of the full back lines of any of the opposition left.

After the semi final last year everyone said cork need to go away and find 2-3 quality subs to progress further. They’ve done that now, still to settle on their best team too I think.

He is the greatest defender without a doubt .

It depends on what form the retaliation takes. If he kicked Harte in the bollox that would be a red card offence. If he tripped Harte that would be a yellow card. But he just pushed Harte which is not a yellow card offence. Hence he was hard done by and will most likely have the card rescinded,

Pushing and pulling to the ground is a yellow card offence.

Listened to the second Derek and Lar podcast there, McGrath is some bore. Twisting everything back to himself.
Lar is actually an interesting enough listen for an insight into Sheedy etc.

I also listened to Dalo’s podcast with Quirke yesterday (it’s fairly quiet in the office at the moment give me a break), literally like a load of lads in the pub after downing 5 or 6 pints each, throwing out cliche after cliche. It’s entertaining enough to be fair, but no insight whatsoever.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s no structure to the Daly one at all… lads having a chat is grand, but at least have central topic – they just seemed to drift around the place without answering anything.

There’s little to no preparation that goes into it

That’s why Wooly moved to a Tuesday - Examiner record Monday morning - As Daly said himself, he didnt have time to have a good chat about the game in a pub yet.

Probably getting a few hundred quid to have a laugh for an hour with a few mates. And he dead right

3 Likes